Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AD: infiniMap Pro Siggraph Special, new plugin sneak peek

obfuscated SDK hacker Lightwolf's Avatar

Exclamation AD: infiniMap Pro Siggraph Special, new plugin sneak peek

To celebrate Siggraph 2006, db&w is offering infiniMap Pro for a special price of 249€/US$299, 50€/US$60 off the regular price.

We are also happy to announce the impending release of infiniMap Pro Version 1.0.5, including support for the nodal shading system included with LightWave 3D 9.0 within the next few days. Version 1.0.5 wil be a free upgrade to existing owners of infiniMap Pro.

infiniMap Pro is a LightWave 3D plugin to use virtually unlimited size image textures.

Key features of infiniMap Pro are
    • Natively uses ECW and JPEG 2000 image files
    • Shader, texture layer and node support
    • FPrime compatibility
    • Support for all Lightwave 3D projection modes (the procedural layer does not support UV mapping)
    • Included image conversion tool
    • Network rendering compatible including free render nodes
    • free support, free point upgrades
    • Available for 32 and 64bit LightWave 3D on windows.
    • Compatible with LightWave 3D 7.5 to 9.0
    • 25 page manual

A limited but completely free version of infinMap Pro is available for download after registration on our website.

We are also proud to preview our next set of plugins providing full OpenEXR support to LightWave 3D. Please follow this link for more information.

For more information please visit http://www.infinimap.com or our US reseller at http://www.irrationalnumber.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lightwolf
    We are also proud to preview our next set of plugins providing full OpenEXR support to LightWave 3D. Please follow this link for more information.
    Hey, that is pretty cool. Finally a decent way to save out multiple buffers in a high-fidelity format. Wanted that for ages. Hope the pricing won't be too exotic.

Mylenium
    [Pour Mylène, ange sur terre]

Quote Originally Posted by Mylenium
    Hey, that is pretty cool. Finally a decent way to save out multiple buffers in a high-fidelity format. Wanted that for ages. Hope the pricing won't be too exotic.
    It won't be.
    We'd like to see OpenEXR to be widely adopted so the pricing will be sub 50€, and you'll get plain OpenEXR functionality for free (i.e. loading and saving RGBA images).

Oh, the UI screenshot on our website is from a fully functional beta as well!

Cheers,
    Mike

Way to go Mike!
    UI / UX Designer @ NewTek

It won't be.
    We'd like to see OpenEXR to be widely adopted so the pricing will be sub 50€, and you'll get plain OpenEXR functionality for free (i.e. loading and saving RGBA images).

Oh, the UI screenshot on our website is from a fully functional beta as well!

Cheers,
    Mike
    Great, exactly what I was hoping for.

Mylenium
    [Pour Mylène, ange sur terre]

Quote Originally Posted by Mylenium
    Great, exactly what I was hoping for.
    We aim to please.... (and sometimes we hit too ).

Cheers,
    Mike

We are also proud to preview our next set of plugins providing full OpenEXR support to LightWave 3D. .....
    this is absolutely great! will it work like the LW PSD plugin (or better, how it was supposed to work!) - with layered output ready for compositing?
    3dworks visual computing
    demo reel on vimeo
    instagram

OSX 10.12.x, macpro 5.1, nvidia gtx 980 ti, LW2015.x / 2018.x, octane 3.x

Quote Originally Posted by 3dworks
    this is absolutely great! will it work like the LW PSD plugin (or better, how it was supposed to work!) - with layered output ready for compositing?
    Yes.
    The initial release will support all buffers that the LW SDK allows for, which means that some will be missing (mainly objectID, surfaceID, normals and UVs).

However, a workaround is planned for the following release which will go beyond the capabilites of any other buffer exporter presently available.

The main problem will not be writing out the OpenEXR (there is a choice of saving all buffers to a single file, or selected ones to separate files), but actually getting the compositing app to read them in properly. Currently Nuke seems to have the best OpenEXR support, followed by Fu5 and Shake. AE7 and Combustion just read RGBA data... (out of the box, there might be plugins for them, I didn't check yet).
    This is why we're including a preset system for set-ups

Cheers,
    Mike

Mike

Ich liebe dich

OpenEXR set is coool

Danke

Heffalump
    OK. So here's my stupid question Given that SuperGlow 2 is broken for LW 9, due to reliance on legacy plugins, and is also only available for Win32, I'm hunting a simple and reliable way to export masks out that can be used for glows and similar effects. The trick is that it would be immensely useful to have support for both per-surface and per-object masks, rather than an all-in-one mask for a specific buffer. Can your OpenEXR plugin provide something like this in its output, complete with refractions and reflections?

If so, I'll be waiting in the queue for this one - I just don't fancy having to muck around with matte objects and similar nonsense just to get a usable mask out of LW. I'll happily apply shaders/nodes if this makes this kind of thing possible - it's the approach that SGlow2 uses.
    Inactive.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil
    OK. So here's my stupid question Given that SuperGlow 2 is broken for LW 9, due to reliance on legacy plugins, and is also only available for Win32, I'm hunting a simple and reliable way to export masks out that can be used for glows and similar effects. The trick is that it would be immensely useful to have support for both per-surface and per-object masks, rather than an all-in-one mask for a specific buffer. Can your OpenEXR plugin provide something like this in its output, complete with refractions and reflections?

If so, I'll be waiting in the queue for this one - I just don't fancy having to muck around with matte objects and similar nonsense just to get a usable mask out of LW. I'll happily apply shaders/nodes if this makes this kind of thing possible - it's the approach that SGlow2 uses.
    Hm, yes and no
    The initial release will only allow the special buffer (-> surface properties) to be exported.
    We do have some really nice plans for the following releases though, and it would cover your needs then

Cheers,
    Mike

Just a small heads up... we released exrTrader today

Check it out at http://www.exrtrader.com

Cheers,
    Mike

P.S. - oh, basic loading and saving of OpenEXR files does not require a license and is free ... on all platforms

Heffalump
    To encourage you to complete the plans for following release, I've picked up a copy
    Inactive.

To encourage you to complete the plans for following release, I've picked up a copy
    Now that is encouraging indeed, thank you!

Cheers,
    Mike

same here

looks very nice!

markus
    3dworks visual computing
    demo reel on vimeo
    instagram

OSX 10.12.x, macpro 5.1, nvidia gtx 980 ti, LW2015.x / 2018.x, octane 3.x

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast