Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NewTek Europe Customers - Please Read

NewTek Europe Customers - Please Read

NewTek Europe has posted a tutorial on how to go through the new registration process. Please read this tutorial, to see if it will solve your problem before contacting NewTek Europe Customer Service.

http://newtek-europe.com/pdf/NewRegi...structions.pdf
    Kurtis Harris - NewTek 3D Marketing

All statements to the effect of this parrot is still a going concern are from now on inoperative. This is an ex-parrot.

the registration process doesn't work when i connect to newtek europe website to register lw9.0 during the registration process it opens a page at register.newtek.com and when i enter my serial number it says that this must be registered with newtek europe

im' using lw since version 4.0 and never saw such annoying thing
    athlon x64 4800X2 + 2 gos DDR400 + SATA2 200 Gos + SATA2 320 Gos + 7600 GT with latest drivers + Windows Xp PRO SP2 + Vista Ultimate

Newbie Member
    Annoying to say the least!

I follow the instructions to the letter and it gives me the same brush-off. The registration system also automagically adds the letter A followed by some numbers to my serial when I try to register - is this normal?

We apologize for the inconvenience. One thing we've implemented with this release is worldwide registration through a single site. Many European users are making it through the process, but it does seem that some users are not.

NewTek Europe was closed yesterday for a national holiday in France, but they will be back Monday, and they will do their best to help those still experiencing issues as fast as possible when they return.

All statements to the effect of this parrot is still a going concern are from now on inoperative. This is an ex-parrot.

It won't even let me get that far. The system doesn't recognise my details so I go into 'forgotten passwords' and it doesn't work!

Add to that the fact that I don't have time to mess around with something like this at the moment and it all gets very annoying.

Last year i upgraded to 8.5 with vue5 abd free lw 9 upgrade.
    when registered for the beta testing i received a beta serial for lw9.

At this moment i can download the all lw9, but how do i become a new serial ??

when i register with the beta serial it tells me not valid anymore, but i never received a new serial from newtek europe.

How to get a valid serial for lightwave 9 ???

Well, the NT Europe site is a f-ing mess, i can't remember what ever i used as a user name when registering my LW8 with preorder LW9 and Vue, i can't find ANY emails from NT that confirm ANY user login details, the 'forgot my password' doesn't work, and offcourse the 'search' in the forums is broken today...
    I haven't received ANY new license keys, i can't find ANY info from NT on what i should do should i have pre ordered LW9, i can find a manual on how to register a newly bought LW, but nothing on my 7 month overdue LW9 update...

I leave it at this right now, as i'm steaming, and i might type something i will regret...
    I'm back to using Maya thanks to this, and as for the LW9 download, i can't really care anymore for it at the moment...
    I have no special talents. I am only passionately curious. - Albert Einstein
    visit my company site : House of Secrets
    visit my personal site : svenneve.com

You need to create an account at Newtek.com

Quote Registering LW9 pdf

"Registering LightWave v9
    This PDF is all in English, but the registration pages are in the language you choose.
    Firstly, you almost certainly do not have a registration at NewTek since this is a new system
    for European LightWave users. When you first visit the page and you've told the registration
    which country you are in and which language you prefer, you will need to sign up a new
    account on the right of this page:"
    Last edited by BazC; 07-19-2006 at 06:14 AM.
    Mac OS10.5.2, Quad 2.66GHz Mac Pro, 3Gb RAM Geforce 7300GT 256mb VRAM

Quote Originally Posted by BazC
    Firstly, you almost certainly do not have a registration at NewTek since this is a new system
    LOL, I think he means to say is: As Newtek Europe is a completely different company, trying to use your NT-E log-on is bound to fail.
    It doesn't matter what you NTE user-name and password are, as NT (US) will ask you for your LW9 pre-release serial number on the Vue CDs. From that it will a) give you a chance to download 9 and b) give you the opportunity to get your permanent license key.

So, to reiterate: forget your NT-E username as it doesn't matter.
    fauxWaver \foʊ-wāv-er\, n. one who likes LightWave, but shuns car-anologies.

Whoops, that wasn't meant to be as bold as that! But those aren't my words those are Newteks instructions taken from the pdf, they really are doing their best to help people out, no need to get p'd off with them!
    Mac OS10.5.2, Quad 2.66GHz Mac Pro, 3Gb RAM Geforce 7300GT 256mb VRAM

Well, great, it would have been nice if i would have had a email with info about that, rather than having to dig through this forum to get an answer for my problem...
    It would also be a first as for the last 7 years i have ALWAYS been told you can't register or get your keys from Newtek US when you live in the EU, so, can you friggin blame me?

Whine whine rant rant, flame war...etc...too busy with deadlines and Maya right now since i couldn't get my hands on LW9 for the last 3 days, so, yeah, i'm a eensy teensy pissed.
    I'll get around at trying to get LW9 final release in about a month when this job is done.

[EDIT]weeeeellllll, i'll just leave this entire message to remind myself that it sometimes helps to read an entire page rather than just ramming the first button that sais 'Download here'...
    I just 'read' the newtek-europe upgrade page, and yes, it actually says on the main page i have to register at Newtek...My apologies to all, but hey, i'm an a$$hole on a deadline...[/EDIT]
    Last edited by Red_Oddity; 07-19-2006 at 08:39 AM.

We provided the PDF tutorial linked at the top of this thread in order to make it clear that it is now necessary to register at http://register.newtek.com, so all users will now be registered at the same location, and how to do so. I will ask our documentation people to look at the tutorial for ways to make the infomation more clear.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurtis
    We provided the PDF tutorial linked at the top of this thread in order to make it clear that it is now necessary to register at http://register.newtek.com, so all users will now be registered at the same location, and how to do so. I will ask our documentation people to look at the tutorial for ways to make the infomation more clear.
    It just wasn't clear to me it also was for EU residents (as in the past we always had to register at Newtek-Europe), i just didn't actually 'read' the page in my frustration.

Quote Originally Posted by Red_Oddity
    It just wasn't clear to me it also was for EU residents (as in the past we always had to register at Newtek-Europe), i just didn't actually 'read' the page in my frustration.
    No problem. From what we've seen over the last week, I think we can do better with providing more intuitive information in the future, and I'm going to see what we can do about that.

Ach, Mein thirsten! Anti-Distinctly's Avatar
    Following the links made me end up at NT Europe (which I know now is wrong). I know have an email from a frenchman telling me to create a new account with newtek.com. Fair enough.

Registering a new account as instructed to do in an email I end up with:
    This Email Address has already been registered.
    Please enter a different Email Address or call NewTek Customer Service at 1-800-862-7837
    Right. I only have that email address, so thats not an option. Calling the states is a bit awkward. Anyone from NT want to Skype me though, feel free

Using my existing account with newtek.com I get stopped trying to enter my pre-Lightwave [9] Upgrade after clicking LW9 in the 'register your product' drop down list with:
    We're sorry, this serial number should be registered with NewTek Europe

If I click on the grey banner then input my pre-LW9 serial I get:
    Serial Number entered does not match your demographic data

Oh, also the retreive lost user name and password thingy doesn't seem to work.

wtf.

EDIT: Ignore the password & username thing, I got it I emailed you with the info needed Kurtis.
    Last edited by Anti-Distinctly; 07-19-2006 at 01:07 PM.
    "Oww! Owwwwwww! They're defending themselves somehow" - Homer J. Simpson

www.lukewhitehorn.com
    www.euriskostudios.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast