Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: LWCAD 2 just released!

Newbie Member

LWCAD 2 just released!

LWCAD 2 just released!

Got the info from Safe Harbor.

Geez you guys are fast! I just noticed it in my e-mail too. So, uh, since LWCAD2 release was dependent on LW v9 release, does that mean something even bigger is about to be announced?

Quote Originally Posted by Penforhire
    Geez you guys are fast! I just noticed it in my e-mail too. So, uh, since LWCAD2 release was dependent on LW v9 release, does that mean something even bigger is about to be announced?
    Maybe. Dynamite 1.1 comes out this Friday!
    http://www.cantarcan.com/v11/html/main.html

...and the LW9 Launch party is this Saturday:
    http://www.lightwave3d.com/launchparty
    Jen's 3D -- LightWave stuff.
    Jen's 2D -- my comic book.

Python is my smashing board. LightWave is my S.M.A.K.

Yup, I've been playing with LWCad since about 6 o'clock here. This thing is a powerhouse!

Question:
    If you got LWCAD 1.5 from your LW v9 upgrade, are you elligable for the upgrade price at safe harbor for LWCAD 2?
    Dual Opteron 246 | 4GB OCZ Memory | Geforce GTX 260 (181.22) | Tyan Thunder K8WE | Windows XP X64

Yes, you are eligible

How Old? Really? Aww Heck colkai's Avatar
    Sure are, I coughed up for my upgrade and wow, is it a doozy!
    Too old to die young.

User.
    Where can I download LWCAD2?

I did download LWCAD before, the one that came together with LW 8.5 and Vue. Am I too eligible for a free upgrade?\

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by diedond
    Am I too eligible for a free upgrade?
    No

But you are eligible for a cheapo upgrade (around 90 Euro).

you can get it from Safe harbor and from NTE (soonish, as it isn't up on their site yet).
    fauxWaver \foʊ-wāv-er\, n. one who likes LightWave, but shuns car-anologies.

User.
    Quote Originally Posted by DogBoy
    No

But you are eligible for a cheapo upgrade (around 90 Euro).

you can get it from Safe harbor and from NTE (soonish, as it isn't up on their site yet).
    Thats why I dont have an email. Ok thanks, I dont think Ill buy that, as Ive never used the older LWCAD even. I think its for the Enviromental Modelers only. Its a CAD, like AutoCAD (which I hate even).

Cheers

Looks incredible - why can't NT have these tools standard - I'm sick of plugins!

I should update my Avatar Verlon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lunarcamel
    Looks incredible - why can't NT have these tools standard - I'm sick of plugins!

Because then it would cost more and someone else would be complaining "Why is it so expensive? I don't even use half these tools. Can't I just buy a stripped down version with only the tools I use?"

You just can't please everyone.
    Verlon Smith

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4i3XnbEKBw&feature=plcp - shameless prommotion for my daughter's horror (by 4 year old standards) story.

I know I know - but if you stripped out all the third party plugins we have to buy/download(a lot ARE free) then LW would be a bit clunky.

I've been a user since the the Toaster days and it drives me crazy to have to deal with so many plugins - mostly the simple workflow stuff - it really SHOULD be integrated.

How Old? Really? Aww Heck colkai's Avatar
    Well, for anyone who has got the LWCAD1.5 with their upgrade, all I can say is, if you can afford it, get the LWCAD2 upgrade.

Much fun!

Sure, be nice if LW had some of these tools in, I mean, give me normal move, normal rotate and edge move that were easy to use instead of bouning around Translate Plus, that would be a big help.

Newtek can't compete with LWCAD natively though, LWCAD does what it does very well and the developers only have this to focus on. LW is a bit more complex, just a bit mind you...

Hehehe...
    Too old to die young.

Is LWCAD2 64bit? I see it has the OS listed on the required hardware specs, but I dont know if it is a 64bit plugin, as required by 64bit LW.

Sure, I can use 32bit LW but, hey, it would be nice if it had both :P
    Dual Opteron 246 | 4GB OCZ Memory | Geforce GTX 260 (181.22) | Tyan Thunder K8WE | Windows XP X64

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast