Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Realistic Camera

james, I get "Plugin shift Camera of incorrect version" error and then my LW crashes. LW9.0 here...

Sorry Jure, this plugin is for 9.2 only. The SDK's for camera plugins aren't compatible between 9.0 and 9.2. I can recode for 9.0 if you need it though, just send me a private message.
    LightWave3D training, assets, news and discussion at www.liberty3d.com
    My opinions are my own and do not represent the opinions of any other entity, Liberty3D is not officially endorsed by NewTek.

Cool thread!
    Bump!

James, I just tested your tiltshift camera with Fprime3, doesn't seems to render correctly, renders an expanding ring the higher you tilt the camera, wonder what might be the problem.

Similar error happens to the colm's (the cool museum) PerspectiveControlCam 0.15.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TiltShiftCam_Fprime3.jpg 
Views:	396 
Size:	79.6 KB 
ID:	44182

confirmed! On the other hand I cant get Fprime3 working correctly with some of the advanced camera parameter either. Maybe it's an Fprime issue?

damns this is BAD ! i need ACT more than nodes.
    Hope worley fix this asap (or cameras get updated for fprime- who knows).

Paolo

probably... however I managed to get the same tiltshift effect with advanced camera and fprime, setting the ray direction thru a null's XY. Works nicely with fprime. but down side is no viewport GL preview, at least there is fprime3 to aid the setup process.

damn hoped at least PerspectiveControlCamera worked, i use it badly.
    Someone must tell Worley this, hope it fixes it before he sends me download email... eheh

Paolo

I just reported the situation to Worley, hopefully he's free enough to look into it. Let's all hope.

Hehe I doubt he's free this last days.. but let's see...

Hey Pavlov, here is a temporary workaround that i've setup to get viewport preview as well as fprime3 to render the tilt shift cam.

the values are tied to the control null, move Z to adjust zoom and X and Y for tiltshifting.

the GLpreview cam is a colm perspectiveControlcam, and FprimeRendercam is LW advanced cam. Only the GLpreview cam and control null need to be touched.

both camera almost look alike, just need some minor tuning and they'll look exactly alike.

AdvCamTiltShift_Setup.zip

You rock tajino!
    Where have you been hiding last few weeks anyways?

Unfortunately, at the moment it only works with the default frame aspect of 640x480, with multiplier is ok, both cam seems to take the values in an inverse manner, got to figure this out futher.

Quote Originally Posted by Jure
    You rock tajino!
    Where have you been hiding last few weeks anyways?
    have been busy with jobs with crazy datelines..

tajino, thanks so much i'll test it as i get fp3.
    If worley has not fixed it by then, btw

Paolo

Hi everyone, I've sent Steve a copy of the lens shader this morning as well as links to this thread, I'm sure we can work out if it's something I need to change, something FPrime needs to change or whatever. When I find out the answer I'll let you know.
    LightWave3D training, assets, news and discussion at www.liberty3d.com
    My opinions are my own and do not represent the opinions of any other entity, Liberty3D is not officially endorsed by NewTek.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast