Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: ... "Megatron must be stopped, no matter the cost!"

Digitally Confused
    Hey guys. Plenty of movie pics on this link. http://movies.yahoo.com/summer-movie...photos/17/2578

Personally, I really don't like any of the designs for the decepticons so far, looks like they were going for some kind of transformers/species hybrid. To me, transformers will always be the big, bulky robots of yesteryear.

Yes, the design of the robots is horrible. They're all far too faceted and not "clunky" enough. There's hardly any semblance of what vehicle they were once they're in robot form. When Optimus transforms, you're suppose to still be able to tell he's a semi. Now they're just big, overly mechanized robots that look like every other robot Hollywood has churned out recently.

I mean come on, if you were a battling robot, wouldn't you want a little more armor covering all those gears and wires?
    Friends come and go, but enemies accumulate.

Hehe, this discussion has been hashed and rehashed a thousand times on boards far and wide across the net..

In the end, the movie had to be someone's interpretation, and they decided that the robots would be more realistic than the cartoon.. I think one of them said, when the robots tranform, everything goes somewhere.
    Ergo the bizarre multi-thousand little bits here and there, to make them more interesting and more realistic in their moving abilites, rather than sticking to the old clunky designs.

Still dont like megatron, but I'll leave my final criticisms till the movie's released

I saw the new trailer over at yahoo... man... when Optimus transforms they have included the original transform sound... the funny thing was that it actually sounded pretty cool combined with the "real" sounds. Of course, they did that for the fans of the original series, but it would be cool if they add it into the movie as well... just once...
    Senior Technical Supervisor
    Cinematics Department
    Massive - A Ubisoft Studio
    -----
    Intel Core i7-4790K @ 4GHz
    16GB Ram
    GeForce GTX 1080 8GB
    Windows 10 Pro x64

i would like to see a making of

Crossed the mantle...CORE Twisted_Pixel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by diedond
    Which movie is that. I never saw a movie when Optimus Prime died. Whats the name of the movie.
    Here you go Diedond, don't think I saw anyone else reply. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0092106/

User.
    Quote Originally Posted by Twisted_Pixel
    Here you go Diedond, don't think I saw anyone else reply. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0092106/
    Thanks I needed that. It looks like Ive seen everything else regarding transformers appart from this movie. And it all started from this one. Im hunting it now as we speak.

What Im looking forward to this movie, is clousure. And I need to see some closure to this story so much, that Ill compromise alot for it. Even if Megatron looks like Yoshimitsu from Tekken Martial Combat game in Sony Playstation.

The only other possibility is for me to make an ending myself sometime in my life, on my movie of transformers, but thats kinda..... aaammm.... too self sufficient like!

The Transformers Trailer...sweet

be a billionaire, share your wealth

i don't know but i also don't know if ilm uses lightwave because i think they use maya alot

but then again i would like to see a making of

The "The Transformers Trailer...sweet" thread has been merged with this one.

President, Living Parable
    Quote Originally Posted by Cageman
    I saw the new trailer over at yahoo... man... when Optimus transforms they have included the original transform sound... the funny thing was that it actually sounded pretty cool combined with the "real" sounds. Of course, they did that for the fans of the original series, but it would be cool if they add it into the movie as well... just once...

I liked hearing the old sound as well, I also like the look of the new film. but like my post about last years summer films, this year is all remakes and sequels... that part sucks, on the bright side they are big pritty CGI heavy sequals...
    I is a Kooledge Stoodant!

remember this one :P

Stan Bush - The Touch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8vvbRovPO4

unicron defeated :P

Quote Originally Posted by voriax
    I think one of them said, when the robots tranform, everything goes somewhere.
    That's bull. I had the Optimus toy. All his parts went somewhere. His transformation wasn't very unrealistic.
    Friends come and go, but enemies accumulate.

Quote Originally Posted by iconoclasty
    That's bull. I had the Optimus toy. All his parts went somewhere. His transformation wasn't very unrealistic.
    It wouldn't have been unrealistic, but they were very clunky. Hence adding so much detail to it. Otherwise they would be odd, clunky looking robots with severe movement restrictions. Remember bumblebee having huge VW beetle bonnet halves for feet? I'd laugh so hard if the movie robots had anything like that. Lets face it, they were pretty comical in the cartoon.
    http://www.silverbulletcomicbooks.co.../bumblebee.jpg
    Imagine that on the big screen! Compare that to the new bumblebee from the movie.. which one is WAY cooler?

They probably did go overboard with detail, just to look cool.
    But who cares? If you'd never seen the cartoon, you'd see the movie and go "woah! cool! that car turned into an awesomely detailed robot!".

I'm not all that big on nostalgia.

the current designs looks better then the originals. But that isnt very hard to achieve because the originals looked like crap. they looked fit for a line of kids toys. oh wait...

the look of original transformers was greatly influenced by the fact that they were made as kid toys. Being a fan of movies that have a story and look better than kid toys. i would have to say that the current characters look better than the movie deserves. In fact I am shocked they even wanted to make a movie out of the series. I can think of better examples of television cartoons of that era that would work better as movie. I am also shocked that people are getting so worked up over a movie they haven't even seen yet, as seen on the cg talk forums. Anyway, lets just see the movie first shall we?

I personally would love to see a "realistic" auto bot transforming into a humanoid while totally forgetting that its full of squishy humans. Maybe a nice family going out for a drive. Imagine the gore! man, that would make a killer movie! lol jk. just goes to show that not all of us go to see the movies for the same reasons (and that some of us need counseling)
    Last edited by Stooch; 05-22-2007 at 07:10 PM.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast