Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can interface colors be changed easily in 9?

Can interface colors be changed easily in 9?

I'm so glad to see you beta 9ers can finally speak of the new software.

Can the interface colors be changed in 9? In previous versions, changing colors was cumbersome and had unintended side effects, such as making certain things seem to disappear. Nearly every app I use on a daily basis allows this small level of personal convenience, and it seems as if it would be simple to implement. Lightwave's dark grey is hard to see with my aging eyes. The options I used to change colors in earlier versions were counterintuitive, difficult to perform, and often resulted in garish, unuseable color schemes.

You can edit them in the hub, as well as inserting your own image for skinning the interface.
    Push the software, don't let it push YOU!
    My own plugins and work:www.mikegreen.name
    LaptopSetup:corei7 2.4GHz nvidia GT 650M 8Gig win8 64
    WorkSetup:core i7 3.4Ghz nvidia Quadro 2000 12Gig Ram Win7

Smile

I did myself...

But can you completely get rid of black on dark grey stuff?

There are a lot more options in v9, but not everything is customizable, yet.

Personally, I'd pay money to be able to change the cursor color in Photoshop. I'm constantly losing track of the thing when I'm working on an image with a lot of gray in it.
    Kurtis Harris - NewTek 3D Marketing

All statements to the effect of this parrot is still a going concern are from now on inoperative. This is an ex-parrot.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurtis
    Personally, I'd pay money to be able to change the cursor color in Photoshop. I'm constantly losing track of the thing when I'm working on an image with a lot of gray in it.
    It drives me mad... what was Adobe thinking?
    Lamont G
    Artist Ubisoft Osaka/大阪

Quote Originally Posted by Lamont
    It drives me mad... what was Adobe thinking?
    That's apparently a Windows limitation, it's never been a problem on Macs. Found out on the Photoshop forums that it has something to do with what Windows uses for display - just when I was about to start 2 weeks of working on cement textures
    Confirmed -
    No Weapons of Mass Destruction
    or links to Al Queda or 9/11. (Sep. 2003)

Yeah, I noticed this back when I had my B&W G3. Same versions of Photoshop, but 50% grey made the cursor invisable on the PC.
    Lamont G
    Artist Ubisoft Osaka/大阪

Quote Originally Posted by byte_fx
    But can you completely get rid of black on dark grey stuff?
    Yeah that's something iv'e wanted for ages too...

When my cursor is to small to see or is on a grey background I hit the left CTRL key real quick to turn the cursor into the move tool. It is not a complete solution but it helps.

kurtis exactly same problem
    new web page up www.null.hr

I thought that in photoshop, the cursor would inverse the color where it is to be able to see it no matter where it is.

Edit : just checked, it doesn't do that..
    www.3djml.com - Online Portfolio
    www.ifmm.com - Work

Freelance 3D Artist
    Wow, I'm really happy that Newtek is giving us the option to do this easily, especially using a texture to skin it.

Freelance 3D Artist
    Hmm, I just played around with the skin tool, while it is fun, I only wish they would give us a little more control. Perhaps provide an image button next to each of the different types of buttons. Also, when I place an image for the button, I get some areas of the interface getting the button textures, when it shouldn't. I would also like to see some image options such as, Center, Stretch, and tile. This can solve some of the problems with using 1 image for different size buttons. It is a nice step in the right direction, but just a little more work would make it awesome.

Kurtis -
    I'm constantly losing track of the thing when I'm working on an image with a lot of gray in it.
    Amen.

Aside from the photoshop annoyance, greys are good, greys are for colour balance, in an ideal studio you should have grey walls etc (apparently). It's all down to the way human eyes percieve colour in different situations. I'd always presumed LW (like photoshop) was taking this into account.
    Last edited by T-Light; 06-11-2006 at 07:41 PM.
    Brent

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast