Thread: Restoring VT Edit Project

Restoring VT Edit Project

My system is filling up so I'm backing up a year and a half of video. Anyways, I'm opening up old VT Edit Projects in VT4.6 and all the images have stretched themselves to 720X486 no matter what their original resolution was. Is there anyway I can recover their original settings?
    Dick Johnson
    [email protected]

Also, it seems that CG pages in these VT Edit Projects have cannot find the proper associated pngs. Instead, any page001.png has replaced all others, so not only am I getting the slate where it is supposed to go but any other "page001.png"'s in the project are being automatically associated with my slate. No red borders.

Furthermore, it seems the audio of those projects are now almost 12db quieter than they used to be. (I suppose, because I didn't actually make the projects a year and a half ago, someone else did, I'm just archiving them now. But it seems like they are too quiet and I could see an update causing that)
    Dick Johnson
    [email protected]

There is no good fix for these many legacy issues. So very much has "improved" since the olde times.
    Don at VISIONaerie.com
    "What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left." -- Oscar Levant

My Solution

The problem is some images in old VT Edit Projects are defaulting at 720X480 no matter what the original resolution was.

The best solution I've found is to type in the original image resolution and "BAM!!!" good as new.
    Dick Johnson
    [email protected]

Cartoon-based life form mgrusin's Avatar
    Agreed, definite problems moving old projects to newer formats.

No easy fix I've found other than to go in and manually fix each image/audio clip. I've already spent a lot of time saving what I need so the point is mostly moot, but I respectfully encourage Newtek to provide solutions to this problem when it occurs in the future, via better old-project-loading functions, standalone conversion utilities, or making .project files ASCII so we can write our own manipulation utilities.

Best, -MG.

VT[5] SpeedEdit Pilot Jim Capillo's Avatar
    Gloucester, MA - The Home of the Perfect Storm
    Quote Originally Posted by DefcomDMC
    .... Is there anyway I can recover their original settings?
    Probably easier to fix one and then save it in Toolshed, apply it to all the others and the resave the project.
    Jim Capillo

CW Television Productions
    100 Cummings Center, Suite 309-G
    Beverly, MA 01915

www.cwtvproductions.com