Thread: DC area user group

DC area user group

The next meeting of the Washington DC area user group is scheduled for next Saturday (2/22/2003) at the Capital Children's Museum in the animation department offices. We will meet at 1:00. Someone will wait in the lobby to bring folks up to the meeting area if needed.

Bill Knight

Hello all. The next meeting of the Washington DC area LW user group is this Saturday (3/15) at the Capital Children's Museum in the Animation department at 1 pm. Hope to see those in the area at the meeting. Contact me if you need more information.

Bill Knight
    [email protected]

Excellent meeting!
    And a fun museum for old and young alike.
    I'm looking forward to the next meeting.

Thanks. I am very happy that the group seems to keep growing and everyone has something to both learn and contribute.

Next Meeting

Our next meeting is scheduled for Saturday, April 26th at 1:00 at the museum. We have a great start on the project we will do for the museum...thanks to all. We will be building a cityscape for the children to "fly" through as they visit the museum.

Bill

June meeting

Sorry that I haven't posted here in a while. The group continues to meet at the Capital Children's Museum in DC. Our next meeting is this Saturday 6/28 at 1:00.

Hope to see local folks there.

Bill

Hey Bill

Does your group have a web site? Or can you tell us more about what's been happening at meetings?

I'm just curious and I'm always keen to hear about things people do at meetings if it means I can get inspired for things to do at ours... In fact, if you have things you do at meetings, how about adding a list of them to the sticky thread

TIPS : Cool stuff to do at LWUG meetings!

I'm hoping people will take the initiative to help build a cool list here as a resource for all LWUG moderators...

Kev.

DC area user group

Hi Kev.
    Alas, we are not that organized yet for a web site. We are using an invitation based Yahoo Group. Our main activity as both a learning and giving tool is to do an animation for the children's museum. They currently have a bluescreen setup that we are going to try and enhance. The idea is that the kids will do a safe flythrough about a large city block.

Thanks for asking. We can use any ideas.

Bill

Wow, that sounds like a really cool idea, creating a project for the people that facilitate the meetings!

Its sorta like the 'group project' that could work - Most don't out of the clash of interest's that occur, and the lack of motivation...

Be keen to hear how it goes... Maybe post up some piccies on your YahooGroup - Our LWUG also uses YahooGroups...

Next Meeting

Hi all. Our next meeting will be this Sunday (the 2oth) at 1:30 at the Captial Children's Museum. We will be including a short class on "writing with Hypervoxels", based on the aura tutorial and the "toothpaste" tutorial in the yahoo group.

Hope to see you there.

Bill

August Meeting

The next meeting of the DC group will be this Saturday, the 16th at the Capital Children's Museum at 1:30.

At our last meeting we went over various ways to "write" using hypervoxels and motion designer. Thanks to everyone who shared (different folks had different ways of doing this)

We will share what we learned at Siggraph and look at some skeleton items at the meeting.

Bill

September Meeting

Hello and welcome to our newest members. The DC area group will meet Saturday, the 20th. at the Capital Children's Museum (www.ccm.org) in the animation department at 1:30. I won't be there, but expect an excellent meeting that I will be very sad to have missed.

Bill

October DC Meeting

Hi all. We are scheduled for this Saturday (25th) at the captial childrens museum www.ccm.org for directions. The time is 1:30 for the meeting in the animation offices.

Thanks
    Bill

Smile Hi everyone. First post here

Hello Community. I am from a local Multimedia company that uses Lightwave. Sometimes, during crunch time like during April we need help with Lightwave animations involving military equipment and exercises in the desert. The scenes are about 3 to 6 minutes usually, and the company supplies images for the products and demo items. If any Lightwavers in the DC area are interested, please let me know if you would like Freelance opportunities.

Other than that, Hello. How'r you doing?
    Last edited by marcon3001; 04-03-2006 at 01:48 PM.

Ack! I moved away from DC a year and a half ago, and NOW I find out there's a DC LW group??? *sigh* Guess I'll have to move back.

-Oliver Thornton