Thread: Hypervoxels Help

Hypervoxels Help

I'm having problems trying to get hypervoxels to behave right, or rather work right for fluid simulation. The paricles are behiving just like I want them to with the collision object that I am using (a simple cup for now) however, the surface of the hypervoxels are "breaching" the polys of the cup.

Does anyone know of any good tutorials out there that deal with this (other than the one in "Inside Lightwave 7") or have suggestions on how to keep the surface of the hypervoxels inside the container instead of bulging out of the sides. It's probably something simple that I am missing and I need another perspective.

Using LW 8.5

That's probably the easy solution that I was missing. Thanks, I'll try it out.

open for interpretation Gettarobox's Avatar
    Hey Amurrell, I just noticed you're in Lincoln. I'm in Omaha. I thought I was the only Lightwave user in Nebraska. I guess not. YIPPEEE!!!

I AM THE Action_Bob
    A statement like this is kinda sad...

I live in Colorado, and while I know there are other lightwaver's out here, they seem to be well hidden. Recently, we had a users group meeting, but I was unable to attend. Still, it seems that everybody (except for myself and one other person) that I know around here uses max....

We need more more more!!!!

I thought it was also kind of disturbing when Proton posted a while back and was almost begging for lightwave artwork to be submitted to the various magazines and websites. I guess one could look at it in a negative way or a positive way. Either, there are just not enough excellent / pro users of lightwave out there to demand the respect and attention of these various media or all the lightwavers are busy making money.

-Adrian

I'm surprised to find a LW user close to home as well, Gettarobox!

open for interpretation Gettarobox's Avatar
    Nebraska has a lot of people who are learning 3D but everyone has fallen victim to the maya buzz. they don't even look into other programs. very sad.

Amurrell- is there any 3D work in Lincoln?

You might be able to use a texture/gradient to change the size of the HVs as they travel into a particular zone.