Thread: Trouble With Teeth (my 1st model ever)

Newbie Member

Trouble With Teeth (my 1st model ever)

Hi everyone, I started using L.W. about 2 months ago and decided to (finally) start my own model and get away from the tuts. It's coming along great (in my opinion), but since I want the final product to be subpatched, I'm having trouble with adding extra geometry for the teeth. Can I just make and keep them in a seperate layer parented to the head?

If someone will tell me how, I'll gladly post the model for comments, but I don't know how to move my wireframe model to this forum. Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank You Lightwave community!

P.S. For those who have never played Starcraft, it's a hydralisk.

Yes, you can parent them to the head. You can also have unconnected objects within a single layer. Only connected geometrie will smooth when subpatched.

You can upload object's or scenes or surfaces by packing them (ZIP) and upload them.
    To the image: can you please use JPG or PNG or GIF? These format's are readable by browsers (and are A LOT smaller than BMP).

Newbie Member
    Thank you much kruemel for the advice I will start on the teeth soon (whenever the wife and kids give me time) and post the results. I'm still unsure how to get the wireframe quad display posted on the forum though. But here is a more complete shot. Any and all criticism is welcome and encouraged. I hope to have this model complete in a week or two.

Thanks again.
    Last edited by cking74; 03-23-2006 at 03:55 AM.

Creator of the Strange Skinner3D's Avatar
    Definately looks like a hydralisk. It will be interesting to see with scales and teeth and whatnot.

I thought you mean the model itself.
    To post a screenshot from an application (on Windows):
    press Alt+Print to copy a picure of the foreground application to the clippboard. With Edit->Paste you can insert this picture into any graphic application like photoshop.

Newbie Member
    Wow kruemel, thanks. Your'e my idol. Here is the screenshot so far.