Thread: Get ready to throw your Wacoms away guys :)

Get ready to throw your Wacoms away guys :)

"They might look the same, but they don't taste the same."

don't count on it. People have enough back problems without having to lean over and touch a screen.

Ahead of the "curve"
    I wonder if that's similar technology to something I've seen in the movie theaters in our area. They all have a pad on the floor about 10' x 12' that you walk on, and the activity on the pad/screen follows you across the floor. Pretty wacky.
    Tiffani Banaszak
    Safe Harbor Computers
    www.sharbor.com

Freelance 3D Artist
    it is a neat invention, I can see it taking off for people who use that orientation to work with. Like people who use Drafting tables.
    Last edited by SP00; 02-14-2006 at 11:16 AM.

Reminds me of Minority Report

-Mikko

Quote Originally Posted by SP00
    it is a neat invention, I can see it taking off for people who use that orientation to work with. Like people who use Drafting tables.
    only people in 3rd world companies use drafting tables anymore.

Nothing ado about much Exception's Avatar
    thats a nice toy but interfacing with your hands is as exact as painting with your fingers. This is not new technology, just a nifty version of it...
    Cinteq however, is pretty cool. but that's been around for more than a decade. For a price...

wacom!

hi guys
    my first post here! i'm sitting in rainy switzerland, new to lightwave and waiting for the open beta (sigh!).
    anyway, working as an illustrator (coming from traditional drawing background), i use a cintiq 21 for about a month now (after a few years with a cintiq 15) and i can tell you that it is about the best investment you can do if you have a background in trad. arts. especially the possibility to rotate the whole thing is an absolute necessary feature! i only wish that the zoom strips would be a little bit more responsive...
    greetings to all
    simon

Quote Originally Posted by Exception
    thats a nice toy but interfacing with your hands is as exact as painting with your fingers.
    I expect you're not required to use your fingers I suppose you could use any device. (Keep your thoughts pure please )
    "They might look the same, but they don't taste the same."

Thee cool evening breezes of Anytown, USA
    It will only be as good as the software that is created to run with it.

If any is created.