Thread: JetStreamFX???

JetStreamFX???

Iwas browsing through D-Storm's website and I came across this interesting LW plugin. Anybody here played with it yet? Any Impressions?

http://www.dstorm.co.jp/english/prod...strm/index.htm
    ASUS G2S | T7500 C2Duo @ 2.20GHz | 4GB RAM | 256MB NVidia 8600M GT | Win 7 Home 64Bit

AMD X6 1090T @ 3.20GHz | 4GB RAM | 1.2GB NVidia 470GTX | Win 7 Pro 64Bit

I don't know if its still OpenGL dependant but its pretty cool.

Essentially its the same thing as Particle Illusion but it actually is in a 3d space. I use Particle illusion more though. Some of the tracing functions are really neat though.
    -----------------
    KC

Really. I've never used Particle Illustion before. JetStream seems to work directly inside LW. for what I've seen so far. I wish I have time to test this out, maybe after the LW9 open Beta test i guess.
    ASUS G2S | T7500 C2Duo @ 2.20GHz | 4GB RAM | 256MB NVidia 8600M GT | Win 7 Home 64Bit

AMD X6 1090T @ 3.20GHz | 4GB RAM | 1.2GB NVidia 470GTX | Win 7 Pro 64Bit

Yes, as I stated. Jet stream is actually inside the 3d space. It is still drawing 2d sprites on particles the same way PI does but its inside the Lightwave 3d space.

You'll probably like it, I do too. I am just saying I tend to use Particle Illusion more but its always a comping job when I use PI.

If I remember correctly Jetstream needs to have the openGL on top to work properly. In Particel Illusion if something covers the render it messes it up. I can't remember if Jetsream does the same. Since its rendering with OpenGL your render has to be on top.

Jetstream may have corrected this though. Its been like 2 years since I played with it. It is a cool plug in.
    -----------------
    KC

JetStream is impressive.
    the render on top is automatic. Don't have to becare of that.
    It can do fieldrendering too.

What is impressive with Jetstream is the feedback. You can scroll and see your render moving! Realtime fly in da clouds.

I don't think its very useful if you need photoreal look. I look a bit OpenGl or cartoon sometimes. You need to composite it for better result.

Try it

I used JetStream FX on a Care Bear Commercial and it saved me for making deadline. It rendered in realtime and allowed me to make last minute changes the client wanted.