View Poll Results: Should NewTek try to hire Viktor and Ayman?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

41 78.85%
  • No

11 21.15%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should NewTek try to hire Viktor and Ayman?

Should NewTek try to hire Viktor and Ayman?

Should NewTek try to hire the developers of LWCAD? These guys obviously have some great talent!

http://www.wtools3d.com/index.php?strana=about

Well, of course there are many developers that I would love to see Newtek hire so I voted yes, but....

I think that at this point, they should concentrate on focusing the app to be a stable and robust program and to maximize the strength of the foundation to allow for all the functionality we could want in the future. Personally, I think that the LWCAD tools should remain independent just so that these new arch-viz tools that we are now privy to remain focused and continue to receive the attention they deserve. I'm looking forward to the LWCAD 2 update...

No doubt! I'm pretty sure I will buy 2.0

I think Viktor will have a lot of upgrades to v2.0 of LWCAD. I'll be upgrading my personal copy of the plugin and as soon as v2.0 is released I'll be persuading my work to purchase a full copy.

Great product, responsive team...I too will be upgrading to 2.0
    Allen Bussell

I'm there too If the few things Viktor's told me will be in v2 then anyone in the archviz world would be daft not to upgrade
    - web: http://www.albino-igil.co.uk - 2D/3D Design Studio -
    - PC Spec: Intel i9-7940X @3.1GHz | 64Gb | 2 x GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb | Windows 10 Pro -

No, because updates to their programs may become less frequent than when they are independent.
    UI / UX Designer @ NewTek

Yes; their product seems pretty good, i upgraded LW to 9 just because of that offer, otherwise i'd have waited for 9 to come out.
    Anyway, i love Pictrix's products too; so i hope NT will hire one of them. _If NT hired BOTH, LW modeling tools would skyrocket.
    Anyway, i think they should do this hiring operation do develop a whole part of Modeler, which goes far beyond pure Osnap tools. They could take care of creating a solid base for precise tools, to allow their and 3rd part developers to be more effective. I.e, if LW cad and SP_move remains 3rd party tools, they will never run at core level.
    I.e. think about SP_move behaviors in ALL modeler's tool... this alone would be a consistent LW update ! Or think what W-tools guys could do if they could put their hands on LW's code.
    Hope this happens, afterall these guys have done more for Modeler than NT itself from 6.0...

Paolo

No. Viktor has produced a fantastic set of tools I have been using for many months - I expect when it really sinks in to those lucky enough to take advantage of this fantastic intra-grade freebie how good these tools are, many people will upgrade to 2. He should justly benefit fully from this and be encouraged to develop the toolset further - anyone remember macroform 2? I think he has performed a master stroke by selling 1.5 out. If you find modelling important in your 3D work and don't like wasting life - then GET THE UPGRADE NOW!

He is developing one of the best implimentations of nurbs ever written for a 3D package in V2. Lack of nurbs and related snapping tools has been a perennial black hole in LW. Cudos to him for finally plugging that hole.

Where newtek should be dealing with him, is to coordinate their efforts so Viktor works on unique tools geared to the CAD/Visualation market, leaving Newtek the chance to add to the standard LW toolset and make the old tools as slick and flexible as those in LWCad.

Newtek could benefit from his presets implementation and his snapping code in the LWCore.

Viktor has filled in many modelling tool gaps - as FPrime/Kray/Maxwell has for output in the Visualisation markets. Couple this with PIMP and these are exciting times for wavers, we are not excluded from any market and can take a lead in new ones.

3DBob
    Phone me for free on

My user ID is tir-3dbob

No. E.m.p.l.o.y.e.e. does not spell the words "motivation" or "innovation".

I would like to see Newtek bust open the SDK wide enough to allow peole like Viktor, Pictrix and Newtek themselves to develop better tools.

Agree with Larry, but i voted yes however. opened SDK is a base feature that will open a whole lot of possibilities for plugin integration.
    but these 2 authors are really great and would help newtek to integrate better their toolset in the modelling workflow for sure. :agree:
    Nemoid | Illustrator | 3D artist
    .::Creating for you::.

Co-founder of

www.lwita.com italian/english Lw forum

How Old? Really? Aww Heck colkai's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 3DBob
    Where newtek should be dealing with him, is to coordinate their efforts so Viktor works on unique tools geared to the CAD/Visualation market, leaving Newtek the chance to add to the standard LW toolset and make the old tools as slick and flexible as those in LWCad.

3DBob
    Amen to that, I agree with both you and Larry.
    By busting open the SDK and collaborating with pulgin developers, Newtek would give a great 3rd party support system whilst allowing them to focus on the overall package.
    As you say, not everyone wants or needs some of the 3rd party plugins, so simply integrating all and sundry servers no purpose except to take focus away from the core of LW. Not, by the way, that I think for one minute Newtek would adopt that policy.

I personally like the route they are taking, don't just grab the plugin, grab the talent behind it.
    Too old to die young.

I agree on opening the SDK, for sure! I just think that NewTek can use all the talent they can get (not to say they don't already have talented people!).

I don't even suggest bringing them aboard to get the LWCAD stuff integrated. I could be wrong about this, but this tool seems to exhibit "out of the box" thinking and these guys seem to have done a great job. If they could have unfettered access to core code and mingle on a daily basis with other NewTek developers, I think a lot of good things could come of it.

Quote Originally Posted by mattclary
    I don't even suggest bringing them aboard to get the LWCAD stuff integrated. I could be wrong about this, but this tool seems to exhibit "out of the box" thinking and these guys seem to have done a great job. If they could have unfettered access to core code and mingle on a daily basis with other NewTek developers, I think a lot of good things could come of it.
    That's my thoughts as well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast