Thread: Japanese Textures

Japanese Textures

Not a very remarkable scene in anyone's book. I'm just getting used to the fact (now that I'm living in Japan) that I can walk outside with my digi-cam and shoot these really cool textures. Lots of fun
    Last edited by riki; 01-31-2009 at 11:10 PM.

how are you finding japan? ( other than being able to take cool photos for textures ) i'm in the early stages of learning japanese - and would lvoe to go out there to work for a while someday

It's bloody cold here at the moment and I can't find any decent coffee. But it's not so bad. There's an endless supply of cute Japanese girls, but my wife won't let me touch

ahh but i'm not married

Aaah that's a big plus

I'm planning to build my texture library up over the next 12 months. Here's a shot I took yesterday. Should be seemless.
    Last edited by riki; 01-31-2009 at 11:10 PM.

Started posting some pix of Japan if anyone's interested.

http://www.suture.net/newsfeed/

Custom User Title
    Don`t try to get the roof tile photo! You`ll break your neck

Riki, when did you make the move? Congratulations! By the sound of things you must be in some place like Nagano. They`ve got three metres of snow now and people`s roofs are caving in!

If you come to Tokyo any time let me know and we can meet up at last.

Cheers,

R

Edit: Whoops! Should have gone to the link page first. So you`re in Fukuoka then? Guess you won`t be down this way too often. Zannen!
    Last edited by Rory_L; 01-12-2006 at 04:42 AM.

LOL thanks Rory

I arrived about 5 weeks ago. Lots of fun blending in with the locals. I tried raw horse meat (horse sashimi) for the first time with my wife's parents, for lunch on New Year's Day. I felt guilty, kept thinking about my sister's pony, but it actually tasted quite nice. Much better than raw beef.

Tokyo's on my list. I'm hoping for March or late Feb, will definately give you some warning. Would be good to meet up.

I'll dig up some of my pics, and I have a few bookmarks to share if you want.

One quick thing, maybe pull out the elements of the building and have a texture for walls, blinds, windows, doors ect?
    Lamont G
    Artist Ubisoft Osaka/大阪

Hi Lamont, that would be good to see. Any plans on coming back to Japan??

The inlaws miss us, and want us to come back soon. I want to live there, but the wife doesn't dig the super cold Morioka winters (I like snow and making snow monsters). We are planning a trip next fall though. You are in Fukuoka... way on the other end man!!

If you can make the trip to Morioka for a day DRINKING PARTY!!!!
    Lamont G
    Artist Ubisoft Osaka/大阪

Drinking party sounds good, I'd definately be up for that.

I'm off to an onsen in a few weeks with my inlaws, that's got me worried. Should be fun