Thread: New to Lightwave

New to Lightwave

Hi all, this is my first serious model. I didn't use any backdrop images to model just my PowerBook and eye. I did use an Apple logo image to model the logo on the screen back. Not exactly a low poly count though, 21,672. Feedback appreciated.

Thanx, Richard
    Attached Images Attached Images

Yep, that looks like a TiBook, all right! Good job on the beveling around the slots, etc. Also, the metal finish looks correct to me. I did notice the "PowerBook G4" font looks different than what's on the actual laptop, but that's a small thing.

I don't see any labels on the keys, though... Are you planning to add them later?

Quote Originally Posted by PixelDust
    Yep, that looks like a TiBook, all right! Good job on the beveling around the slots, etc. Also, the metal finish looks correct to me. I did notice the "PowerBook G4" font looks different than what's on the actual laptop, but that's a small thing.

I don't see any labels on the keys, though... Are you planning to add them later?
    Thanx for the input, good eye on the font. I searched the net briefly to find the font to no avail so I found the closest I had. As for the keys I'm not sure the best way to do the labels. Any suggestions would helpful.

Cool, I just did a alu-book myself, lot of polys
    This render looks alot like ProE rendering, it "hangs in the air". I guss you need to adjust the radius of the corners some to, they are a bit big now.
    Maybe use bump for the speaker-holes?
    [URL="http://collner.se"]http://collner.se[/URL]
    Freelance industrialdesigner located in Stockholm, Sweden

Quote Originally Posted by kite
    Cool, I just did a alu-book myself, lot of polys
    This render looks alot like ProE rendering, it "hangs in the air". I guss you need to adjust the radius of the corners some to, they are a bit big now.
    Maybe use bump for the speaker-holes?
    Thanx for the input, I agree that the radius on the corners is a little large but short of starting again I couldn't figure out an easy way to do it. The holes are actually modeled. The first two renders are classic enhanced extreme. 1 distant light and 2 point lights, 1 point light below that ignores the the ground plane.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ramccombe; 12-15-2005 at 11:18 AM.

Hey, that's actually pretty sweet. Good job. Your screengrab looks a little stretched though. Just bein' picky!
    [size=3][b]The Lyzrd's Stomp[/b][/size]
    [url]http://www.lyzrdstomp.com/[/url]
    [size=2](Photoshop tutorials, 3D tutorials, model building tutorials and more)[/size]

Quote Originally Posted by ramccombe
    Thanx for the input, good eye on the font. I searched the net briefly to find the font to no avail so I found the closest I had. As for the keys I'm not sure the best way to do the labels. Any suggestions would helpful.
    I'm new at LW, too... Maybe make a single UV planar map with all the key tops. Then take a photo of your laptop's keyboard and arrange your UV's to fit.