Thread: Other 3D apps into Lightwave

Other 3D apps into Lightwave

I've been asked to create an image of yachts sailing, and due to time constaints was going to buy a boat instead of model it.

Looking through turbo squid, all of the models I want aren't lwo, so I was wondering what files can I import into LW8.5?

Cheers

Dave

dxf, obj, 3ds if I remember correctly.

I noticed most objects at Turbosquid are max, which really sux because you actualy need Max to read those. I really don't understand why people put their objects at Turbosquid as Max only.

there should be a rule against that ;-)

It's probably because the modelers don't want to go through the hassle of converting them to 3DS [potentially losing modeling data and some surfacing effects in the conversion process] or to some other format. They also probably like the fact that the MAX format contains ALL of the scene info as well.

I actually hate it too.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesCurtis
    It's probably because the modelers don't want to go through the hassle of converting them to 3DS [potentially losing modeling data and some surfacing effects in the conversion process] or to some other format. They also probably like the fact that the MAX format contains ALL of the scene info as well.

I actually hate it too.
    Maybe so, but from a business point of view it's moronic. You know, it's unlikely that the thousands of students with their hacked copies of MAX are the ones that are really going to buy any content. It's a shame, but Turbosquid is a bloated thing, anyways.

Mylenium
    [Pour Mylène, ange sur terre]