Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The Unofficial Skins Thread

User skins not showing up

Quote Originally Posted by Kim Boulton
    Ok Gordon, you got me started and now I'm flustered......
    Followed your instructions (or so I thoght!) but I don't get anything different coming up on user skins? Any suggestions?
    I forgot to mention that you need to exit and then restart the VT software. Sorry!
    Last edited by Gordon; 11-16-2007 at 02:18 PM.

I have already applied this to all three of the switcher images so that I have this option for 8, 16, or 24 input switchers. Thanks for the help and advice!

(edited to add thanks, which proves that I push "Send" entirely too quickly sometimes.)

VT[5] Skins - More Cool!

I've been changing the VT[5] skins as I had done with VT[4] and I have to say that the VT[5] skins add some really nice new features.

For example, you can now easily replace the text on the skins with you own text. So you can rename you inputs: "A", "B", "C", "Cam A", "Cam B", "DDR A", "Stills", "Lwr 3", "Lft 3", etc. instead of the default "1", "2", "3", etc.

I also love the tabs that allow for more DVEs.

VT[5] has some impressive improvements that even a newbie to VT[4] like myself can appreciate.

Is there a way to change the colors of the little Tally "LEDs" that appear in the source name labels when selected to each bus?

I'm referring to the little small square colored boxes that appear over the source labels in all modules (most notably in the input patching of the switcher).

Currently on my VT[5] they are:
    Main = Red
    Preview = Green
    Effects = Yellow
    DSK = Purple

I would like to change the "Effects" one to be blue, to match the button LEDs in my LC-11 & the general assignment of blue to the Effects bus, like the blue "Live Set" indicator under the source buttons in the switcher.

Or I could re-skin the switcher, and re-solder new LEDs into my LC-11 .. but that seems a little silly.

- Mikko
    Last edited by mikkowilson; 01-02-2010 at 08:07 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234