Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lightwave 3D game list

Lightwave 3D game list

What is the complete list of games that was used with lightwave 3D? I saw the project list on the newtek site, but I remember seeing another site showing different games not listed on the newtek list.

Not sure about where a complete list can be found (Proton might know), but some I can think of off the top of my head that used Lightwave in one form or another:

Serious Sam
    Serious Sam II
    Deus Ex
    Deus Ex II (assuming)
    Unreal Tournament 2003
    Quake III / Team Fortress

DoomIII LW's modeler gets lots of exposure in a making of movie.

MotoRacerIII All tracks, bikes and riders are made with LW

Doesn't Black Isle use LW aswell (Baldurs Gate, Icewind Dale, Torment, etc)
    Not to mention the incredible amount of european developers (i know PlayLogic in Holland used LW for modeling and Max for animating and rendering)

I was making one game on Lw. It was Starmageddon. On lw we was making a cutscene and objects. All was made on lightwave 7. IMHO lw is very good tools to making stuff for games.

Bye!

Timekeeper
    I seem to remember that LightWave was used for "KISS: Psycho Circus".

definately used on burnout and burnout 2, i've never seen these mentioned on the newtek site

n

That list for games is not big... LW is seen as a video/film tool and I don't mind that at all.
    I work in games now and it is pretty sad that Max & Maya dominate the market (Here in Australia particularly).
    Commercially available engines and exporters like http://www.renderware.com/ don't support LW which is a pity.

Geoff.

thats odd, renderware is made by criterion (who also made the burnout games).

i know for a fact( a guy on my team was one of the environment artists) that burnout 1/2 were modeled and textured in lightwave.

it's a shame that renderware has "in-house" lightwave support and everyone else can't get their hands on it.

n

Games soon to be released using Lightwave and the serious engine:

Alpha Black Zero
    Nitro Family
    Will Rock

Depite the games already mentioned, they AFAIK used LW for "Gothic" as well and they aer using it for the new "Broken Sword3" (all BG- objects use radiosity baked with LW).
    Most games at Ion Storm were done using LW and when I was visiting Ritual Entertainment in Dallas a few years back they were using LW for "Heavy Metal".
    CU
    Elmar

You know I was looking thru the list of games on nt's web site and noticed that some of the best games imho are listed there. i.e: Torment, Baulders gate, and definately not least Blood Omen 2...witch was a complete work of art. Thats a very inspiering list.I hope they make alot more with lightwave.

Ready To Learn
    http://www.newtek.com/lightwave/projects.php
    Here you have everything made by LW

Wow not only do they have some of the best games but they have .... some of the best movies too. I thought disney had there own rendering program..(renderman) "monsters Inc.)? Thats awsome now I really cant wait untill tommorow to get my copy of lightwave.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast