Thread: using batch to make preview

using batch to make preview

Is there a way to make a series of preview by using batch (L-script or external command process, etc) ?
    Thanks!

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "Preview", but you can batch render LW scenes using LWSN (Lightwave Screamer Net), but you can't change the scene parameters on the command line. So, if your scene(s) are set up to render what you want (including RGB output files, the desired Render Mode (Realistic, QuickDraw), etc.), you can batch render them using LWSN. Outputting to an animation won't work, since it's disabled by default in the scene file.

This is documented in the Lightwave manual under ScreamerNet=>Batch Rendering in the Index.

The trick is to connect to the C:\Program Files\Lightwave [8]\Programs folder to get the LWSN command to be recognized. You then fully specify the pathnames to your Config directory, Content directory and Scene file.

I've attached a sample .BAT file (renamed to .TXT), using the paths appropriate to my system. My content directory has the separate Scenes, Objects, Motions, Images subfolders, so I explicitly specify "scenes\Ectoplasm.lws" as the scene file. It obviously won't work on your system, but gives the syntax, etc..

Hope this helps...
    mTp
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks!
    But what I am saying is the preview function by the side of timeline, which we
    do not have to render. Is there a way we can make a batch process to render
    several scene files !
    Thanks!

I think LWSN is the only way of having Lightwave render scenes from a command file or BAT file. If you can figure out how to get LWSN to execute an LScript on startup, you could potentially create a script that executes the appropriate "MakePreview" and "SavePreview" commands, but I don't know how to get LWSN to execute an LScript on startup (anybody?). Even doing this, you have to let LWSN render at least one frame of the scene by specifying the same value for Start Frame and End Frame on the batch command line.

Other than that, the closest I can suggest is setting the Render Mode to Wireframe or Quickshade in the Render Options before saving the scene file (I'd probably use a separate XXX_Preview.LWS filename), and then using the commands as suggested to do a non-realistic (i.e. faster) rendering.

mTp

I think you should be able to batch them using an lscript... The problem is you need someone clicking EndPreview and choosing a save name for each preview... I'll have a look though...
    Push the software, don't let it push YOU!
    My own plugins and work:www.mikegreen.name
    LaptopSetup:corei7 2.4GHz nvidia GT 650M 8Gig win8 64
    WorkSetup:core i7 3.4Ghz nvidia Quadro 2000 12Gig Ram Win7