Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Procedurals won't show

Procedurals won't show

The following procedural don't show up on my GeForce 6200(which is OGL 2.0 supported and I have the latest driver from Nvidia):

Crumple
    Crust
    Dots
    Fractal Noise
    STClouds
    Veins
    Coriolis
    Cyclone
    Dented
    FBM Noise
    Hetero Terrain
    Hybrid Multi-fractal
    Multi-fractal
    Puffy clouds
    Ridged Multi-fractal
    Turbulent Noise

Can anyone else confirm any of these? Also, how does having OGL textures enabled affect your performance. I would say that mine gets cut about in half.

You have to turn on the support in the display options.
    Some of those showed up for me, but not all.

Check out the Textures.lws in Benchmark.

It would be interesting to see how different display cards are handling the ogl textures in that scene. I'll try to grab a screenshot of mine.
    BTW my videocard is the one listed as minimum requirements.

I suppose the most common answer to questions like these will be:
    Did you load the latest drivers, do you have the proper items turned on in the driver software, etc.

Perhaps we need a thread that shows screengrabs and info about what card you are using and which driver. A library like that could be pretty useful.
    Last edited by Jockomo; 10-10-2005 at 12:52 PM.

I know that. These are just the ones that don't show up at all. All the other procedurals work fine.

My video card is better then the minimum required, by how much, I'm not sure though.

Yeah, not all the procedurals work as yet. Guess the rest (and hopefully more speed!) will come with 9.

Straight textures seem to be quick though....
    Last edited by Dodgy; 10-10-2005 at 01:00 PM.
    Push the software, don't let it push YOU!
    My own plugins and work:www.mikegreen.name
    LaptopSetup:corei7 2.4GHz nvidia GT 650M 8Gig win8 64
    WorkSetup:core i7 3.4Ghz nvidia Quadro 2000 12Gig Ram Win7

I got dots but none of the others. Nvidia 5500
    I also can't get supershift to work, keep getting error cannot load plugin although it's been loaded. Sigh, Looks like another bug free update huh?
    64 bit Win 7 Enterprise
    Dual Intel(R) Xeon Quad Core 2.93GHz
    RAM 24.0 GB
    NVIDIA Quadro FX 5800
    Driver Version 259.81

Super shift has been replaced with Multishift, so delete that item from your menus.

Plus I get most of the procedurals running a 5600 ultra, and some lighting, but no shadows. Not sure we're supposed to get those though.
    Push the software, don't let it push YOU!
    My own plugins and work:www.mikegreen.name
    LaptopSetup:corei7 2.4GHz nvidia GT 650M 8Gig win8 64
    WorkSetup:core i7 3.4Ghz nvidia Quadro 2000 12Gig Ram Win7

Quadro 900 XGL here with the latest drivers but I'm not getting any procedurals. Shouldn't this card support OpenGL 2.0 through the driver update? I checked the options as well in the nvidia display properties. It's set to LW. Am aI missing anything?

Quote Originally Posted by Dodgy
    Super shift has been replaced with Multishift, so delete that item from your menus.

Plus I get most of the procedurals running a 5600 ultra, and some lighting, but no shadows. Not sure we're supposed to get those though.
    Yeah, I kinda errored myself to that solution. Turns out I have a bug.
    64 bit Win 7 Enterprise
    Dual Intel(R) Xeon Quad Core 2.93GHz
    RAM 24.0 GB
    NVIDIA Quadro FX 5800
    Driver Version 259.81

Quote Originally Posted by devin
    Quadro 900 XGL here with the latest drivers but I'm not getting any procedurals. Shouldn't this card support OpenGL 2.0 through the driver update? I checked the options as well in the nvidia display properties. It's set to LW. Am aI missing anything?

Did you check the OGL display option in the display panel in Lightwave itself?

Yep. The options are on, including GLSL HW Shading.

OK, this sounds silly, but bear with me. You guys are in Layout, right? I spent a while wondering why it wasn't working in Modeler before I went into Layout and it's fine. I just assumed it was Modeler. Gotta admit, think it would be more useful in Modeler but hey! And yeah, FX5600 on a 3Gh machine and I'm just turning the OGL shaders off. Had one square (1m x 1m) poly with default procedural and could barely rotate it on the screen. Oh well...

Yes, I am in Layout. I didn't even bother trying it in modeler.

Cool

Just in case this slipped by you in your excitement - from the 8.5 front page:

Known issues:
    -Some of the functions of the GLSL Hardware Shaders are currently having conflicts with ATI graphics cards. NewTek and ATI are working on this issue, so be sure to keep up with the latest drivers for your graphics card.

Nice to know this beforehand eh?

So what I get on my Radeon 9800 Pro is a crash to desktop when I try to load an object into layout that is hi-poly with large textures that used to load OK.

So to summarize. No OGL improvement in modeler, and a crash in layout when I try to use the new functions on my supposedly above spec card.

Bah.

Oh..... and wtf is FSPE in the General Options Prefs panel. It isn't mentioned anywhere in the 8.5 Readme file?
    Last edited by mkiii; 10-10-2005 at 01:51 PM.

FSPE = Full Scene Parameter Evaluation, i think.

Quote Originally Posted by mkiii
    Just in case this slipped by you in your excitement - from the

Oh..... and wtf is FSPE in the General Options Prefs panel. It isn't mentioned anywhere in the 8.5 Readme file?
    It's for IK Data. Menioned in the PDF.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast