Thread: surfacing help please

surfacing help please

Hello. I am trying my hand at surfacing but I am having a basic problem in the Texture Editor. When I click on Load Image and select my .jpg to use as an image map, nothing shows up. Lightwave doesn't seem to recognize any jpg images I try to load.

Can someone please tell me what I may be doing wrong or missing? I have not been able to find anything in the manual about this either, so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
    Erich
    "You don't know what you got till its gone" - If you aint got it, you don't know what your missing!

You probably need to rescan the plug-ins, at least in the input-output folder:

C:\Program Files\Lightwave [8]\Plugins\input-output

JPEG.P should contain the image loader and image saver for JPG files.

mTp

mTp, thanks for your reply. When I rescanned the plugins, LW found a whole bunch of plugins. Now I can seee the jpg in image editor.

I just wish Newtek would have mentioned this in there manual - it would have saved a lot of time for me.

Cheers.

Erich
    "You don't know what you got till its gone" - If you aint got it, you don't know what your missing!

This wasn't the case this time, but CMYK images do the same thing, you load them but nothing shows up.

Worth noting.
    UI / UX Designer @ NewTek