Thread: Playback 2 DDRs in sync.

Playback 2 DDRs in sync.

Is there a way to playback 2 DDRs at the same time, and synchronous, and get 2 outputs out of the Toaster? I want to play a segment to 2 TV's of one guy talking to the other guy from TV to TV, like they are having a conversation from one TV to the other.

Is there another way to do this with DVD players or DV decks with a firewire controller of some sort?

Thanks.

As far as I know there is no way to be frame accurate...but you could setup a script to trigger each and have on going out the preview (If you have a VT4 pro card on a 64 bit bus)...and the other out program...

As long as it isn't needed to be frame accurate.

If you need frame accurate, I would get a multi stream mpeg card and output them from that...I would edit the material in the VT and then use TMPG, etc...create the clips into mpegs and then use another multi output streaming card to output to your monitors.

CHeers,
    Ray Adams
    FX and Production Supervisor

What type of mpeg card will do this and has two independant outputs?

Thanks.

Cartoon-based life form mgrusin's Avatar
    You could try the low-tech approach: Make your two clips, but have one start a few seconds earlier, with a countdown to the sync point. Load them into two DDRs, connect one to main out and one to preview. Manually start the long one, watch the countdown, and start the other one at zero. Practice a few times and you should get close.

A utility to sync-start multiple DDRs is would be very useful.

Good luck! -MG.

It's ALL about the light Paul Lara's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mgrusin
    A utility to sync-start multiple DDRs is would be very useful.
    Yes, it would Mike, but as I understand Tscript, it cannot issue simultaneous commands. They would have to be offset by some factor (5 frames...1 second..something).
    Don't stream it - TriCast it!

Cartoon-based life form mgrusin's Avatar
    Thanks Paul, good to know.

I occasionally have to do two-screen presentations, and even if it's not implemented in T/S, such a thing would still be useful (a super DDR?), if you guys ever run out of things to do.

Best, -Mike.