Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Film edited on VT2

  1. #1
    Dude! Dillon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    514

    Film edited on VT2

    Greetings,

    I've posted up online my film "Entrance" on my website for viewing. Would love to have y'all take a look at it.

    All editing and sound design done within Video Toaster 2. Some FX work done in Aura, and the rest done in Digital Fusion and After Effects.

    11 minute film, 20 meg file
    http://www.dillonthomasdigital.com/entrance.htm

    The film will have its own website shortly.

    Regards,

    Dillon Thomas
    Video and Animation Auteur

  2. #2
    Tod Cole Tod Cole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Naples, Florida
    Posts
    201

    Dylon, Dylon, Dylon

    Yo Dillon,
    Very good job dude. This thing should be in a few contests...

  3. #3
    Dude! Dillon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    514
    Thanks Tod.

    Dillon Thomas


    Quote Originally Posted by Tod Cole
    Yo Dillon,
    Very good job dude. This thing should be in a few contests...
    Video and Animation Auteur

  4. #4

    This is very good

    Great Job!!

    Great story!!

    And I bet the use of this system made if fun to edit

    Don L. McCoy
    -Area51-
    Don L. McCoy
    -Area51-

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    US
    Posts
    859
    Great Job, definitely submit it to some festivals.

    The name of the file reads 24fpsStream, did you convert the video down to 24fps?

    Did you follow the same steps as the tutorial below? (I was reading this tutorial a couple of days ago.)

    http://www.newtek.com/products/vt/tu...ook/index.html

  6. #6
    Dude! Dillon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    514
    Thank you.

    While the editing software itself is awesome - i sure wish it had some useful batch capture. and some useful way of redirecting "offline" media to a new location. I know I know ,supposedly VT4 has this. :P

    Quote Originally Posted by donlmccoy
    Great Job!!

    Great story!!

    And I bet the use of this system made if fun to edit

    Don L. McCoy
    -Area51-
    Video and Animation Auteur

  7. #7
    Dude! Dillon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    514
    This was shot interlaced on a sony vx1000 - I put the deinterlace filter over the entire project and built some 2.35:1 bars to letterbox it.

    Rendered out as DV and used sorenson squeeze to render it out at 24fps. Sorta adds a fake filmic look to it (which is what I wanted to shoot on - film). The budget didn't come through so I shot it video.

    Thanks for the compliments.

    Dillon

    Quote Originally Posted by inquisitive
    Great Job, definitely submit it to some festivals.

    The name of the file reads 24fpsStream, did you convert the video down to 24fps?

    Did you follow the same steps as the tutorial below? (I was reading this tutorial a couple of days ago.)

    http://www.newtek.com/products/vt/tu...ook/index.html
    Video and Animation Auteur

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •