Thread: bug or no bug that's the question

bug or no bug that's the question

hello
    a have a little question about particle interation and hypervoxel...
    does hypervoxel work with the particle interaction set on (exp: self interaction set to 500%)
    i did a try and it seams that it doesn't work ...WHY? could someone explain me...
    because particle interaction with hypervoxel would be really great use for me.... anyway....
    here a little exemple for better explaining....

on the left you have a particle emitter with hypervoxel and NO particle interactions set on...

on the right also a particle emitter with hypervoxel and PARTICLE INTERACTION SET ON (SELF INTERACTION BOUNCE FORCE 500%)

on the preview everythings seams allright but when you render it...
    see pictures 2 it isn't at all the same thing and at last if you close the render windows it will also change the result to the preview....

don't know if you understand (bad english , i know) but if enyone could help me it woule be very nice

thanks....

florian
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'm not sure what you're getting at, but Hypervoxels have a separate blending setting that's not controlled by the PFX. You need to use that if you want them to "melt" one into the other. You're picture would also indicate that your settings are screwed somwhere 'cos HV's render the same for both particle systems?!

Mylenium
    [Pour Mylène, ange sur terre]

hello mylenium

thanks for the reply , I know about the blending setting fo the hypervoxel but i had to use the particle interaction for other reason ... i try to explain...
    if i want to fill a glas with water for exemple...i had to use the particle interaction to prevent that thew particle doesn't stuck into eatch other and i use the hypervoxel as a textures...( i could explain it better in german or french)
    here is an other picture to show you want i want to try...
    florian
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Mylenium
    You're picture would also indicate that your settings are screwed somwhere 'cos HV's render the same for both particle systems?!

i don't think that my settings are screwed or maybe i don't know..
    look at the camera view and you will see that the settings are different and only when i render it , the the result looked strange
    but i can send you a lws file and you could try this with your LW

anyway thanks for your help!
    florian

It's not that hypervoxels don't work with particles with self interaction. The thing is that you have to save the particle motion to a file before rendering.

Quote Originally Posted by Ztreem
    It's not that hypervoxels don't work with particles with self interaction. The thing is that you have to save the particle motion to a file before rendering.

yesh that's it i just test it today thanks a lot!!!!!!

florian