Thread: Wedding Bands

Smile Wedding Bands

Wedding Bands

This only my second post. And again just a very simple render. But I thought I would share anyways. Comments are welcome.

Well..

If they should look gold,... they actually don't. These type of renders highly depend on the texturing, reflection settings, to look amazing!

try looking for real photo's in books and stuff to resemble this.

Not only the rings, but also the setting, the backdrop etc.

I think it's especially the reflectionsettings for the outside of the ring that is a bit weird. the ring has a bit of a cartoonlook? but that's a bit too harsch. it just misses a tiny bit extra detail to become realistic, you know what I mean?

What I really miss are white highlights on the ring. Open Photoshop, make a square of about 300x300 pixels, paint it black (not the song ;-) ), and draw 3 or 4 white squares in this black box at random, but big enough.

Then go into LW, surface settings, and go to the envirement tab of your ringsurface. select reflection image instead of raytrace + backdrop. Choose the picture you just created in photoshop.

Experiment with the blur settings,

experiment with the reflection settings. once you get the idea of how this works, you can make other reflection images to get better results.

advantages: way faster renders than raytrace. + more controle over your reflections
    __________________________________________________ _

Koen Delbroek
    D4motion
    www.d4motion.be
    [email protected]

Hi

Try using hdri it will look better.
    [url]www.totaldmag.com[/url] The place to learn and talk about anything digital!

[url]www.jefflilly.com[/url] Awesome Free Muscle Car Restoration Tips!

nice render! A HDRI would give them a more real look, if that's what your after, but i like this style just fine!
    miso popovic
    www.lemonade-p.com