Thread: Dope Sheet vs Spreadsheet

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Dope Sheet vs Spreadsheet

Seems to me that Dope Sheet does not come close to having the functionality of the now defunct spreadsheet. Or, am I just not able to find those functions.

Have not been able to find a tutorial that really explains how and what the dope sheet does. Found one that shows you how to move keyframes but that is no biggy.

Is there a way to select multiple objects and move all their keyframes at once?? Is there a way in dope sheet to change individual values of channels.

Thanks

John

Hi !

Short answer would be YES and YES if i understand your question righ

What seems to be actuall problem , maybe you have specific issue ?

I can multy select object by CTRL+LMB. Also when you click/open that small "+" on ITEMS or Channels you also can select each keyframe on each channel and move it forward or backward at will. Really simple i really don't see where is problem ?

cheers
    RAM-Studio
    WS - Dual Xeon E5-2698v4/128GB/Win10x64/x TitanX(M) + 2x GTX 1080Ti + GTX 1080
    My LWM Video Car Modeling Tutorial

Problem is that I do not know how it works. Your reply has helped a bunch. Did not find those answers in the manual.

Thanks

John

Question: In dope sheep can you change the values of the channels like you can in spread sheet by clicking and draggins??

Thanks

John

YES you can click and drag frames at will. Also you have popup menu when you select keyframe and hit RMB (cut, paste, erase....) so explore it for a while . Use all buttons + combinations with CTRL + SHIFT.

For question about manuals right now out of my head i can't say that they explain how to use Dope Sheet but i know that if you hit "F1" in layout you will get HELP . Type in "Dope sheet" in search and you will have pretty good explanation of how to use scene editor and dope sheet .

good luck
    RAM-Studio
    WS - Dual Xeon E5-2698v4/128GB/Win10x64/x TitanX(M) + 2x GTX 1080Ti + GTX 1080
    My LWM Video Car Modeling Tutorial

I understand the cut, paste, move, etc. But, can you change channel values for a key frame in dope sheet??

John