Thread: Not enough points selected???

Not enough points selected???

3 points weren't enough, and 4 points aren't enough. I've got 4 points selcted, I hit 'p' and modeler tells me "Not enough points selected." Anyone know why this is happening???

...it's a bug. I went into another layer and made three points and sure enough I could make a polygon. So I went back to my model and it worked.
    Last edited by spec24; 05-08-2005 at 06:46 PM.

Its possible that the 4th point belongs to a different poly. This can easily happen when there is more than one poly sharing the same plane.
    Silk
    Silkrooster.com - temporarily offline due to updating...
    Spinquad Forum - Closed Sorry...
    lightwave-resources.pdf - - temporarily offline due to updating...

Quote Originally Posted by Silkrooster
    Its possible that the 4th point belongs to a different poly. This can easily happen when there is more than one poly sharing the same plane.
    Silk
    nope - it was just a bug . Why would a point belonging to another poly make any difference? It should still make a polygon. In fact it does - I do it all the time. Or do I misunderstand what you're saying?

Yeah happens to me a lot as well. I find the solution is to close modeller and reopen it.

No, I think I misunderstood you. I was thinking the poly was already created. Sometimes I read the posts a little too fast and miss the little details like you hitting the p key.
    As far as creating polys I have not seen this bug yet.
    Silk
    Silkrooster.com - temporarily offline due to updating...
    Spinquad Forum - Closed Sorry...
    lightwave-resources.pdf - - temporarily offline due to updating...