Page 11 of 93 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: Kray

Quote Originally Posted by otacon
    Yea, i will try to set that up silver.
    Jure, that house looks good. What was the lighting setup? Did you use an image in image world?
    It's just a hemisphere with a HDRI texture and a spotlight acting as a sun. HDRI's in image world don't cast photons so it's better to use object with texture. It is important to make it's diffuse 0% so it doesn't receive any photons, otherwise photons from spotlight wouldn't hit the house.

This animation rendered in 640x400 rez overnight. You can see the render times of each frame at the bottom.

Welcome to my living room!

(divx 5.0 required)
    Last edited by Jure; 06-17-2005 at 02:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pavlov
    Imho, priority list should be this:
    1- Procedurals (and without this...)
    2- TIF image support for mapping (most hi quality textures are PNG or TIF. 32 bit textures are mostly TIF with alpha).
    3- Soft shadowing (both by adding this feature to Kray itself, or fully supporting LW's Motionblur)
    4- Nth bounce multiplier.
    5- Advanced exposure controls on output image.

After these are correctly implemented, we wont have to ask for Vray-LW any more

Paolo Zambrini
    Textured Environment and Env multiplier aswell :P

Credits for this cool room goes to PIXYM who was kind enough to let me play with it.
    Things ive learnt by this room is that bumpmaps can take considerable time since Kray fires densily with FG rays in every crack,cavity or bump so until we have possibilities to turn that off like we can do for reflected/refracted/transparent FG we have to live with it or use blurred reflections instead of bumps. I have used blurred reflections on furnitures,floor,tv. Glas in windows,cupboard,clock and table have thickness and is singlesided. Outside the windows is a jpg mapped on luminous planes to simulate skylight. A spotlight was used for direct sunlight.
    All settings were at it's defaults for this scene except turned off FG for reflections and increased oversampling to 50% This is the room that have had the longest rendertimes for me. I still try to figure out what makes up the long rendertimes but i guess it has something todo with textures/materials.

Edit: I have replaced ALL surfaces with diffuse grey materials except for the glaswindows and i have exactly the same rendertimes on this project. I must nail this problem so we will know what could cause these long rendertimes.
    Sorry for the wrong conclusion earlier.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by silverlw; 05-17-2005 at 12:53 PM.

Looks good. I was in the process of rendering that big hallway last night, the one i used to test maxwell vs fprime, and my computer shut down...i think the power supply died, so it might be a few days before i can rerender it.

Quote Originally Posted by otacon
    Looks good. I was in the process of rendering that big hallway last night, the one i used to test maxwell vs fprime, and my computer shut down...i think the power supply died, so it might be a few days before i can rerender it.
    That sucks. You have my sincerest condolences.

Here's another exterior render. The same as previous HDRI+spot light...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks Captain.

Looks good Jure. Im just wondering how much longer it would take with a ground object...

Hey Silver

Kray becomes more and more interresting!
    I will surely buy it to give it a try in my production workflow to help native LW renderer and FPrime.
    But Maxwell... mmm Too much slow!
    Eddy Marillat - PIXYM
    WS : MB ASUS X299-Pro/SE - i9 7980XE 2,6ghz 18C/36T - 32GB Ram- 2 GTX 1080 TI - Win 10 64
    GPU Net Rig : MB Biostar - Celeron 2,8 ghz 2C/2T - 8GB Ram - 2 RTX 2080 TI - Win 7 64

Quote Originally Posted by pixym
    Hey Silver

Kray becomes more and more interresting!
    I will surely buy it to give it a try in my production workflow to help native LW renderer and FPrime.
    But Maxwell... mmm Too much slow!
    I haven't used "F9" in quite a while now acctualy .

So do I
    Eddy Marillat - PIXYM
    WS : MB ASUS X299-Pro/SE - i9 7980XE 2,6ghz 18C/36T - 32GB Ram- 2 GTX 1080 TI - Win 10 64
    GPU Net Rig : MB Biostar - Celeron 2,8 ghz 2C/2T - 8GB Ram - 2 RTX 2080 TI - Win 7 64

you dont need to buy it to try it you know

OK I will download the demo version asap.
    thx Silver
    Eddy Marillat - PIXYM

Quote Originally Posted by Silverlw
    Edit: I have replaced ALL surfaces with diffuse grey materials except for the glaswindows and i have exactly the same rendertimes on this project. I must nail this problem so we will know what could cause these long rendertimes.
    Today 11:17 AM
    Maybe it has something to do with quality settings for arealights in Misc panel (luminous sphere in your case). Played with the settings yesterday and it affected render times considerably.Í´ll post some examples tomorrow maybe...

Cheers

Bartek

Quote Originally Posted by silverlw
    Its a bad thing we dont know whats causing the long render times, but its a good thing that reflection, transparency, and a bunch of texture maps dont slow down the render.

Page 11 of 93 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast