Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Loxology and Newtek......

Loxology and Newtek......

What's this I"ve been hearing about a riff between the 2 companies?......I"ve also heard that this is the reason no LW8 yet. By the way has ANYONE heard anything about a release date for 8? All the major packages are getting an update.....I'm feeling unwanted.....If any off you beta testers know of any new features nows the time to drop a few hints......throw us a bone!!!!

hehehehehehe...

Yeah, are you totally kidding us Garv?

LW8

Ok....so your not spilling any beans on 8......How about the luxology/newtek riff?
    Is there any truth to problems between the companies?

There are no beans to spill about 8, it doesn't exist yet as far as anyone but Newtek know. Hrgiger and I are actually refering to the Luxology thing in our posts. Go read some old threads, no need to start a new one. The one that mentions Arnie Cachelin in the title is the most active currently.

Yawn

alright....I see it's been talked to death......I still wish I had more information on what was going on......guess I should just get back to work.

As do we all Garv. Unfortunately, nobody really knows anything and probably won't know until after Siggraph this year and even that's probably not set in stone. Until then, there's really no reason to speculate about it.

As Elmar says and I totally agree: Yawn.

Garv, just ignore hrgiger.

This is the original story that people were talking about that started the whole mess. Then spend some time reading the numerous threads on the old board and at cgtalk. Use the search button, and you'll see why many people are disinterested in the topic from time to time.

http://www.cgchannel.com/news/showfe...jsp?newsid=287

Lux/newtek

hey thanks for the link private,

that article actually sounds pretty positive........also I read in the thread "Looking forward to Siggraph" that newtek will have some " exciting things to show regarding Lightwave"...it may not be an 8 announcement but at least something is happening.

Garv, as you must have read, Newtek has put the silencer on this and disputed some of the facts. So, again, this is only one side of the story before things fell silent on the Luxology half. You must take into account what Chuck has said on Newtek's behalf etc. So don't take the article like gospel, but I don't think it's all bs.

This space for rent
    Originally posted by Elmar Moelzer
    Yawn

Ever think someone might have just joined the LW community?

How's that?

Originally posted by cgolchert
    Ever think someone might have just joined the LW community?
    well, considering how many mortar shells have been used thus far, you can blame the yawn. in vietnam, for example, a boot will dive into the mud at a slightest sound of gunfire, while the salt will just go and laugh at him.
    "The hardness of God is kinder than the softness of men, and His compulsion is our liberation." - C.S. Lewis

Originally posted by faulknermano
    well, considering how many mortar shells have been used thus far, you can blame the yawn.
    that should read "CANNOT blame the yawn." sorry.
    "The hardness of God is kinder than the softness of men, and His compulsion is our liberation." - C.S. Lewis

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast