Thread: fprime??

fprime??

Can fprime render animations? can fprime render volumetrics, glows, lens flares, plugins, and shaders???

Thanks for your response!

obfuscated SDK hacker Lightwolf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oneiric413
    Can fprime render animations? can fprime render volumetrics, glows, lens flares, plugins, and shaders???
    A bit of research reveals: http://www.worley.com/fprime_manual.html

But, to make it short:
    animations: yes, to single image files
    volumetrics: no
    glows, lens flares are post effects: no
    plugins: yes, except for image filters on the final image, pixel filters, volumetrics, shaders and animation savers.
    shaders: no

Cheers,
    Mike

Smile FPrime

I agree with all the above.

FPrime really comes into its own depending on how you personally work. I got it when it first came out, thought it amazing and then became unhappy with it over time and stopped using it. That was then . . . Since I have started on a new project I have dusted down FPrime and now use it for previsualisation. I can render four different views all at the same time in a fraction of the time that LW's own render engine can and this is with Radiosity including ray trace reflections, transparcey and refractions. It just amazes me. But at times what most upsets me is the quality of the image is never the same as LW's and sometimes I would prefear LW's quality because its different. Also now I have to texture differently and if you use IFWII or similar plugins for surfaces it causes many upsets ( for me personally ) but FPrime is defnitely worth the output.

This is just my opinion.

Thanks for your replies!