Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: LScript "Wish List"

Matt,
    This is a great idea! But you'll need to be able to set the cursor to the appropriate input field too.

Check out MSG #42 in this thread. Imagine if we had a standard way of sending parameters to LScripts & Plugins. It would be like being able to nest their functionality in your own code.

Somewhere, over the rainbow....

obfuscated SDK hacker Lightwolf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GregMalick
    Check out MSG #42 in this thread. Imagine if we had a standard way of sending parameters to LScripts & Plugins. It would be like being able to nest their functionality in your own code.
    Bingo

I do love the clipboard idea though ... especially if the use of the clipboard would be further extended ... image viewer anyone?

Cheers,
    Mike

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Lightwolf
    Bingo

I do love the clipboard idea though ... especially if the use of the clipboard would be further extended ... image viewer anyone?

Cheers,
    Mike
    Yes, I love it too.
    That's why I said it's a great idea -- because it is.
    heh heh

a BUG

the modeler tool Taper() is not able to taper linearly. omitting the argument for easement does produce a different results from inputting "i" or "o", but is still otherwise incorrect in result.

as far as i have experimented, there is no way i could get Taper() to taper a mesh in a linear fashion. it either turns on concave-like or convex-like.
    "The hardness of God is kinder than the softness of men, and His compulsion is our liberation." - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Lightwolf
    Are you nuts? Only whimps script
    you sound like my older brother (he's a fulltime programmer - not CG-related). he likes to mock me.

and it's wimp, without the "h". hehehe.
    "The hardness of God is kinder than the softness of men, and His compulsion is our liberation." - C.S. Lewis

feature request: will it be at all possible to tap into the mouse-viewport relationship. for instance, since v6 we could make a selection marquee. i was wondering if a similar functionality could be available. examples of application: detect which object the mouse cursor is on, detect which vertex the mouse is on, track mouse movements in viewport for use with object translation, track mouse button presses for use with activation of script functions, etc etc.

Knowing which viewport you're in AND whether the user has modified it's setup (rotated it in prefs) would REALLY help plugin writers integrate their scripts, which would alleviate the frustration I have trying to figure out which way I need to move the mouse to use half the tools in Modeler, a lot of tools don't seem viewport aware OR they're just inconsistent.

Been saying this for years!

O.T. This is one area of Modeler that REALLY needs sorting out!
    UI / UX Designer @ NewTek

obfuscated SDK hacker Lightwolf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by faulknermano
    and it's wimp, without the "h". hehehe.
    Darn, I've been getting that one wrong for years ... thanks for correcting me
    Cheers,
    Mike
    Last edited by Lightwolf; 11-26-2004 at 03:14 AM. Reason: circumvent censor filter...

Can we have point info extended so it also lists the poly ids of any polygons the point belongs to...
    Push the software, don't let it push YOU!
    My own plugins and work:www.mikegreen.name
    LaptopSetup:corei7 2.4GHz nvidia GT 650M 8Gig win8 64
    WorkSetup:core i7 3.4Ghz nvidia Quadro 2000 12Gig Ram Win7

Another wish:

1. Create a data member: scene().GridSize so we can determine the grid size
    2. Create a scene Method scene().setgridsize(scale); so we can set the Grid size - - - - scale is a number

(working with particle object agents soo....)

request: particle object agents can only query buffers on the "current time". it would be nice to be able to specify a time index, just like you would in the getPosition() getRotation() standard methods.

Talking

Add an effectedbyID() function so that an IA could set it once without worrying about having to monitor the change of a name due to object addition.
    In other words: just like effectedby() except an OA.ID is passed instead of a name.

Another expansion on asking for the position of any object at anytime: Expose the bounding box coordinates of any object at anytime -- so that we can create our own collision detection routines. -- and make it easy to use: take into account object rotation and scaling.

And I just thought of something else - expose the parameters used in softFX and hardFX. Allow us to add those FX and get/set their parameters. Wow - I think I'm returning back to that interplugin communication issue.

I will gladly be embarassed if this capability already exists but:

Please give LScript the capability to send keystrokes to LW.
    As in VB: sendkeys(); getfocus(); setfocus();
    The last two would be for setting focus on a panel and/or a control in a panel.

of course sendkeys() should include being able to send the TAB/Enter/Esc/Function keys and all Atl/Shift/Ctrl variations.

Add the standard Ctrl-F (find) and Ctrl-H (replace) to LSED.
    Maybe Ctrl-???? to check the syntax and Ctrl-???? to go to the next error.

And oh man would I love to be able to visually collapse & expand UDF's.

Wish:

Modify UDF's so they can have optional parameters.
    prototype:

Code:
    testingRoutine {
         myUDF( 1, "HI");
    }

myUDF: x, y, z {
        info(x, "-", y, "-", z);
    }
    I should display: 1-HI-nil
    When the parameter is not received, the UDF initializes it to nil
    The LScript doesn't fail