Thread: Which ATI driver?

Which ATI driver?

Hi,

I need some support as I'm having strange behaviour in LW8.01 Modeler with my ATI card X800 XT. It's a driver problem.

Running driver version 6.14.10.6444 gives me sticky mouse icons in the Modeler viewports.
    I tried yesterday latest driver version 6.14.10.6476 but this time the point selected is not higlihted as long as the viewprot is not refreshed (e.g. zoom). A rollback to the previous version of the driver was necessary.

Then comes my request: if you have an ATI card, Windows XP, and don't suffer any issue with LW, I would ask you to post which driver version you're using. This way I could give it a try (http://www.ati.com/support/products/...usdrivers.html). Thanks in advance!

David

THis guy should be able to help you, he seems to be the ATI master.

http://vbulletin.newtek.com/showpost...9&postcount=15

Yes, I wish I could tell me what is the correct distance between the keyboard and the chair, then I would see if I can fit between...

Sorry to say...

Hate to be one to say this but I alwaus cringe when I see ATI on these pages. I think i is pretty commonly accepted that Nvidia is more co-operative with most all 3d software. I've chunked a couple of ATI boards and never had trouble with Nvidia.
    Sorry to be a downer...

Lott

Well, I don't care what is commonly accepted or not, I don't care about Nvidia.
    I just know that I have an ATI card and there must be a way to make it work nicely with LW.

Some happy LW-Win XP- ATI radeon users out there?

Sorry to be a looser...

yes, it seems that LW prefers Nvidia. my next card will probably be nvidia..

but right now, I have a ati9800xt at home and a ati 9800pro at work
    and I don't have any major problems..
    (the biggest problem I have found is that when I go on top view to look
    at a transparent object, with OpenGL transparency ON, it freeze the layout) (LW8.1)
    (this being on the 9800pro at work)
    everything else seems to be fine..

I'm using the latest drivers , 4.9....
    try uninstalling all your drivers and re-install the lastest ones... it might help...
    Last edited by JML; 10-06-2004 at 09:13 PM.

Newbie Member
    ok, try the latest beta driver http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=877
    i had the same problem in modeler and with this driver its all gone

it takes time to release some stabel driver for new grafikcards!

greetings
    bot
    greetings
    bender
    -->now with flavour

Thanks a lot bot this helped a lot. No mouse bug anymore and I noticed an improvement in performance also.

Cheers!

David

ati mouse stickey

hey dude.

had the same problem, with my 9600 pro card. i found out the newer drivers where causeing the problem. try doing a driver roll back to the one that came with the cd.

Nothing ado about much Exception's Avatar
    Pounie:

You mighthave noticed my Anti-ATi post in this forum as well. In concerto with my negative ATi experiences I have learned that most ATi boards let themselves be flashed over to a FireGL. In fact, sometimes you don not even need a flash, and you can just use the 'FreeFireGL' drivers, and you will suddenly have a fireGL! Those drivers are MUCH more stable. Apparently. According to some. : )

Find all info about it here:

http://www.rojakpot.com/showarticle....tno=105&pgno=0

Newbie Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Elemental233
    hey dude.

had the same problem, with my 9600 pro card. i found out the newer drivers where causeing the problem. try doing a driver roll back to the one that came with the cd.
    yo, thats may be work, but in my case, i have a new x600 card, and the original drivers from the cd produce the same errors

and so, i can only use the beta

hey Exception, sounds great!!!! but there is no info about the new x600/x800 cards to make a firegl... and so, we stuck in our beta

but i think ati works also good for me now. i can play all games and lightwave is working also and when you have troubles with some hardware, exchange it or try to fix the problems

i exchange my x600 as soon asus bring some cool 6800 pci-e cards on the market
    i love asus and nvidia

nice day
    bot
    greetings
    bender
    -->now with flavour

Yo Exception, great post . know of any other hardwear hacks. post it. would love to find out more.

I stopped using ATI cards after persistent driver issues. I could never find a working version that was stable and got the best performance from the card.

Quote Originally Posted by RexTex21 View Post
    I stopped using ATI cards after persistent driver issues. I could never find a working version that was stable and got the best performance from the card.
    Just an update, has anyone used a driver tool like this one to update software drivers? Are they safe to use?