Thread: Item Pop-up goes under Dock

Item Pop-up goes under Dock

Do I really have to hide my Dock to use this Mac OS X application that puts pop-up menus under the Dock?

Thanks

Well, the dock being what it is, you have to live with its presence, but you can download a little app called TransparentDock that makes the dock background transparent (obviously) but it also has a bunch of neat little functions, one of them being a setting that makes the dock always be on the bottom. That way, all apps will display windows above the dock, avoiding unwanted interactions. Things work so much better that way. I used to be frustrated with LW's (and others) interaction with the dock, until I tried this utility. Hope that helps!
    Digital Delight for Analog People
    www.DereksDigital.com

That sounds like a very useful utility. Thanks.

Apple gives the developers the ability to easily make their applications aware of the Dock. Most applications I use don't interfere with the Dock anymore.

Having the Dock behind would be a great help for this. Thanks.

Try Onyx

This maintenance utility allows you to place the dock on the top, although is a little hard to pick the dock there (I personally like to have it there), it doesn't get in your way
    Attached Images Attached Images