Thread: Lightwave 8 printed manuals

Lightwave 8 printed manuals

Forgive me if this has been all ready addressed here....

How can users who upgraded to LW8 get a printed manual? The PDF is great for searching and all but I all ready spend too much time in front of a computer.
    Last edited by Realimagesvideo; 09-01-2004 at 01:11 PM.
    William
    realimagesvideo.com

Stuper Member
    You can order it for $100 at the bottom of this page-

http://www.newtek.com/buynow/swproducts.html

Newbie Member

Exclamation Printing a manual

Be careful if you're printing out the downloadable manual. It's a very large .pdf file at 1570 plus pages.
    3 punch paper and a fresh stock of ink is advisable.
    I printed four hundred pages, a hundred at a time, in the "2 sided" printing mode before I found that the page numbers were not matching front to back. In other words the printer prints every other page then asks you to take those pages and flip them before returning those pages to the printer upside down to print on the reverse side. The goal would be to have a 3 ring binder with pages that would follow a numerical order as you read them.
    What happens is that there are missing BLANK pages at the end and beginning of most of the chapters in the downloadable version. Page 27, (just an example, not a real page), might be the end of a chapter and the missed blank page would be page 28. Page 29 would be the next Chapter title page followed by another blank page, page 30. What shows up in the downlaodable version then is Page 27, followed by Page 29 and then followed by Page 31.
    When the printer asks you to flip these pages you end up printing the new pages out of sequence with the already printed front side pages.
    In other words as you flip through the printed pages looking to learn about hypervoxels, (again, an example not a real scenario), the front of the page would read page 33 and the back of the page might read page 45.
    So as a word of advice if you are printing the manual yourself: either 1) print in your printer's "Single" page mode all 1570 or so pages, or 2) add the needed blank pages in Acrobat before printing in your printer's "2 Sided mode".
    Hope that stops some gray hair production.