Thread: Viper not working, weirdness

Viper not working, weirdness

Viper works just fine in 7.5, it will not open for me in 8. I have searched the forum for ideas and have performed all suggestions regarding opening the surface editor, or hypervoxels, etc. so viper knows what it is I am working on. All of this to no avail, still no viper. Not only is it not rendering it won't even make an appearence. If anyone has any additional ideas I would happily try anything else. gracias, mokba
    Wisdom comes with age but sometimes age comes alone.

Chuckling...
    I bet you did the same thing I did.

Which button are you pressing? The 'Enable Viper' button under Render Options or are you pressing 'Viper' under Utilities?

I kept on pressing the former when I finally realized the latter. Hope it's that way for you, too.

UnCommonGrafx - Boy I thought I had it with your reply. I have been pressing the enable viper button wherever I can find it, on the render options panel, under the render tab, still no viper. I didn't see anything under the utilities tab to enable viper, what am I missing? thanks, mokba

Stuper Member
    It's on the Render tab in the bottom group which is named Utilities. Youy can also hit F7.

Hey Mokba,
    Look here:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Did you open the surface editor first?

Of course, now that I have Fprime, there's not much use for VIPER anymore...

UnCommonGrafx - thank you, I really feel like a moron now. But I am a happy moron because the viper window opened!!! Thanks for your extreme graphic help as I just wasn't seeing it. A picture is worth a thousand words.

bloontz - Thank you for also helping out this happy moron!

hrgiger - I had the surface editor open and that was the cause of my craziness. I am relying mostly on FPrime now also but I had a scene with some tricky shaders in it that needed to be re-oriented. I am hoping that the next generation of FPrime can see these as well as a miriad of other things like volumetrics, etc.

Thanks again to all, mokba

Mokba,
    As I said, same thing I went through when I finally had to use Viper. ****ed shaders! and volumetrics, and and and and and....

FPrime user that doesn't use Viper... but had to one day,

Originally posted by hrgiger
    Did you open the surface editor first?

Of course, now that I have Fprime, there's not much use for VIPER anymore...
    You must not use volumetrics much.
    ImageReality.com

"Relax...it's just an update for the patch to fix the nerf that nerfed the fix for the update of the patch that broke the fix that was fixed."

Late 2013 MacPro 12 Core