Thread: Collision Problem

Unhappy Collision Problem

hI all
    I would rely like some help.
    I did a post on the old BB but didn't get the answer I was looking for.

I have a scene with an empty wine glass [ it has an inside srf.]
    I have created water particles to fall inside the glass in the end I want them to look like wine.
    Anyway I can't seem hold the particles inside the glass. When I alter my collision settings they either fall through the glass or just rebound of it.

I don't know who to ask anymore I have read alot of tutes on the subject aswell.
    Here is a screen grab
    Attached Images Attached Images

I didn't have a problem here Just turn on inside and set colition to object. You might want to use a much lower poly object for collission to speed things up. Here is my scene I tryed it on.
    www.steelronin.com/temp/wine.zip

Castius you are amazing.
    You get my five smiles. Thankyou very much, you don't know how much that has helped me. Once I get the wine perfect I think I will write a tutorial in Honour of you! You rock.

np glad to be of service. I love challanges so it's hard for me to resist, when there is a problem at hand.

Lightbulb

Also, you can set your particle simulation rezolution to a much smaller number, thus increasing both accuracy and calculation time when you perform the simulation. You can find this setting by calling up the FX_Browser, and under "Options" you will see a "Resolution" field. Default's at 10cm, but I've had better results at 5cm. Fixing this will let you get better particle collisions. Also, you should press "FX_Start" when you want your collision simulations/particle interaction.

Hope that's a help!