Thread: LW8 Layout

LW8 Layout

ARRG! I can't find anything in this new structure for layout. Where is SkyTracer? Where do I change my bg color? I simply can't find anything and there's no manual. Ahhh! Help!

Stuper Member
    Look in the Window menu on the left.

Also, there isn't a manual per se but you can use the on-line Help documentation that came with [8]. All the stuff you just asked about is in there.
    Humans are pretty much monkeys with car keys.

Ahhh. Thanx guys, I'm straightened out now. I think that this Layout organization is a step back from 7.5...

I must have more cowbell FONGOOL's Avatar
    I feel the same way every time they switch the commands around in Photoshop too, but you get used to it...

Stuper Member
    You can edit the interface to make it the way you like.

I must have more cowbell FONGOOL's Avatar
    That too!

Stuper Member
    There are presets in both the Edit Menu Layout and Edit Keyboard Shortcuts dialogs for 7.0 behavior.

Oh man I can't work with this UGLY Interface!

This has got to be the ugliest interface I've ever seen. I was really in shock when I launched LW 8 for the first time. Can someone please tell me I can edit these colors?
    Thanks

Easy enough to do. There are some automated theme makers. I'm not at that computer to find them.

Great. Let me know how when you can

Is it just me? I knew how to change the color scheme in LW 7. I even bought the EXTREMELY GIGANTIC LW8 manual and just can't find where to edit the interface color scheme. Maybe I'm just tired.
    Good luck to all my fellow LW users out there.
    Tim

This is weird!

I don't think it's a LW8 "design" flaw. I just noticed while viewing the same interface screen shots from others using LW 8 and the color scheme was beautiful! It must be a problem with my video card drivers and LW maybe??? I just bought the NVidia Quadro FX 3000. It was working fine before upgrading. The color scheme I have now is a peutric brownish-mauve and light blue. YUK! Any ideas out there?