Thread: motion designer

Newbie Member

motion designer

i want to put a kilt on a character like on the next dimension tour motion designer p2 tutorial
    i have 2 objects in sene 1 a character 2 a killt
    the character has colision detection on in motion designer
    the kilt has 2 surfaces belt wich is fixed and kilt wich is target use partnames is on
    on. Sub-devision order is set to last. it seems i have done the settings wright.
    when i press start Motion designer controller doesn't start, it stay's at the initializin process. i can't figure it out.
    can simeone help me
    thanxs looka

do you have your entire character as the collision object???...because if you do, depending on the polygon count, this could be the problem....that is an awful lot of information for MD to calculate...it seems to be best to take a section of the character (the area that the kilt will come in contact with) copy and paste it into another layer, take it out of subatch mode, and give it a new name....when in Layout, hide it from the camera and parent it to the character. use this as your collision object for the kilt...this creates a much easier computation for MD to do, and will not slow it down so much....

I could be way off..but it sounds to me like this may help get motion designer to work...
    -Brian

www.bhm3d.com

2.0 GHZ DP G5
    1.5GB of RAM
    9600 Pro

Newbie Member

hope it works

it's doing something now, i think it's terrible slow but maybe that's motion designer. it has advanced to frame 2 and that's a miracle for me. it doesn't look wright but i will keep going on, thankx