25. You may not vote on this poll
  • TRUE

11 44.00%
  • NOT TRUE

14 56.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LW7.5c is comming soon

LW7.5c is comming soon

I heard about new release of lw cooming soon with all bugs repaired.

I don't doubt, but is this a speculation or true??

later
    V a l t e r . S i l v e i r a
    3D Artist - Editor
    http://valtersilveira3d.blogspot.com

Well, who did you hear this from? A man dressed in a hospital gown directing traffic or actually somebody who works at Newtek? Because that might be able to answer your question right there.

I 'v read on a plugin developers site, the guy who made RB rounder and parenter, that he wrote newtek concerning problems with the latest LWpatch, and that the reply was there should be an other patch to fix issuse with the patch, you still with me.
    Lets hope the patch isn't LW8

Originally posted by mix
    I 'v read on a plugin developers site, the guy who made RB rounder and parenter, that he wrote newtek concerning problems with the latest LWpatch, and that the reply was there should be an other patch to fix issuse with the patch, you still with me.
    Lets hope the patch isn't LW8
    that would be Richard Brak. didnt deuce say something simliar over at the lw3d-disc group? hmm... bob says "he hopes." which means _he_ is ready. but that doesnt mean everybody else in the dev team is.
    "The hardness of God is kinder than the softness of men, and His compulsion is our liberation." - C.S. Lewis

Traitor
    Faulknermano,

Deuce did indeed say something to that effect.....but it was on the main LW list..

Message reproduced below.

Not the 'use' of LightWave as the charter states.

But fine -- NewTek is hiring.

The main issue that I responded about was the timeline on 7.5c being next year.

That isnt' going to happen. It's close to release now.

~~Deuce
    Kind Regards
    Matt

You mean there's actually a credible source of some kind?

All these rumors that start here very rarely have any actual fact behind them, it just surprises me when they do.

What Bob Jood said in the mailing list was:

On Fri, 21 Mar 2003 11:06:07 -0800, webmaster wrote:
    >_i have it and been tinkering with it and there are a few kinks in the code
    >_but i am determined to get it running somehow thanks any idea when the ls
    >_ver 2.6.1 _might be released ??????

My hope is before the end of March.

Render me gone, |||
    Bob ^(===)^
    -------------------------------oOO--(_)--OOo-------------------------------
    I'm too disgusted with the world to have a pithy tag line just now...
    Released...but then again i don't think this necessarily means LW 7.5c, so i still don't think they will release it THAT soon (if they ever do)
    But we'll see of course.

Yes 7.5c will be released sooner than later.......

Can i please plead to the Beta team.......

I'd rather wait the extra month and have it actually fix some problems, and have it tested with 3rd party plugins and lscripts.

Then for it to be released and cause the kind of whinging that 7.5b caused.

Don't make the same mistake twice!!

Pixel Harmonizer
    Originally posted by Freak
    Yes 7.5c will be released sooner than later.......

Can i please plead to the Beta team.......

I'd rather wait the extra month and have it actually fix some problems, and have it tested with 3rd party plugins and lscripts.

Then for it to be released and cause the kind of whinging that 7.5b caused.

Don't make the same mistake twice!!
    Unfortunately not all plugins.. or probably even half can be tested by a limited beta team. I'm not sure how many testers or who the testers are. My gut feeling (no.. no rumor talk), is that the beta testing structure could be the cause of some of the problems. Maybe there's not a wide range of testers.. maybe there isn't enough testers. Large studios with ties to Newtek may not have the time to beta every aspect of LW. Some people use only some portions of Lightwave based on job requirements. Who knows? Again, this isn't something I "heard".. it's just a gut feeling. Or maybe that's last night's pizza. Dunno.
    G5... 64 bits of hype and lack-luster performance in a pretty desktop box. Apple jobbed to Jobs!

I'd also like to know how beta testing at Newtek works...
    i heard discreet has pretty strict conditions, you need to report in regular intervals etc...
    On the other side Maxon just gives the Beta to almost any Artist etc. they think could help them, and then hope they actually do help (i know a few....they can just download the newest build and don't have any pressure to report)

But of course all Bet testers mustn't tell anything to the public before release...it's futile asking them

Newbie Member
    there must be a 7.5c comming cause that is what Larry is using for his demo video for the ortho plugin pack.
    unless he has alot of time on his hands and just created an elaborate hoax to fool us.

Jason

Are you talking about larry Shultz?? haven't seen him around much lately.

Newbie Member
    yeah, LArry Shultz. he did a demo/tutorial video for the irrational orthopedic plugins (which looks SWEET).
    In that demo he was using lightwave 7.5c

Nobody denies 75c is on it's way....
    Deuce said sooner, rather than later.....

NT do have a fairly wide, and varied beta team.
    But yes i agree with Pixelmonk....

In a sense you are better off letting some newbie members and technical or programmers be on the beta team...
    rather than major studios and talented artists.. (weird i know)

I know some current Beta testers, and they spent too much time playing with splinemate, rather than looking for bugs IMO...

Beta testing, will never remove all the bugs, it needs to be released to the wider public, for a more general beta test...
    to remove quite a few of them....

So many setups, hardware configurations, software setups....
    It's impossible to get it 100% right...

But i do believe that more could be done, to test it with the major
    Lscripts and plugins being used.

The Mac version being pulled is also fairly bad for a new beta
    team, i was hoping that Deuce was going to be a better team leader than past beta teams.

A major raytracing bug with Sasquatch, is not really acceptable...
    Considering that Saslite is actually included with LW.
    And is our only choice for fur and hair.
    (This also affects many other plugins)

I think the Rendernode, most likely stole much of the attention
    and time during this release. It's being used by almost nobody,
    and should of been left until LW8.

CIM was right to attack NT over the compiled Lscripts bug....
    Treecage or any useful large compiled Lscript, was a really obvious bug.....

It means nobody tested a single commonly used compiled Lscript through the beta team....That is not acceptable.

Most major plugin makers for LW, should be a part of the beta team. So they can be aware before the release, if there are to be problems with plugins etc...

Bugs are a part of life, and they will always appear.....

But when the general public can find bugs in minutes, that the beta team can't find in months... Something is wrong!!!!

It also seems we tried to fix some of Joe Alters, LW hassles,
    and broke a hell of a lot of other stuff instead.

I'd like a sticky Bug thread to be placed on these forums,
    Better yet we should have a BUG forum.

This way bugs can be tracked and traced, and we can make sure they are implemented in future revisions.

We can spend time looking for workarounds, rather than spending days wondering if it's just stupidity or an actual bug.

Thats why i'd like people to mention actual bugs, rather than complaining how NT is slow or crap....

I think Discreet have the worst beta teams on the planet!
    I think NT have the ability to be much better than they are showing currently.

Public Betas are a great idea. I just wish NT would tell people
    that they are a member, before releasing it as a production ready application.

I'd prefer LW 7.5c to be as stable as 7.5 and not 7.5b....

Rant Mode: Off

It's not just about finding bugs, making lists or reporting bugs. We can report bugs till the cows come home, but it amounts to zilch if nothing is done to fix those bugs.

It's even worse if a new release comes out with bugs in features that previously worked fine.

Newtek needs to get anal and come up with a methodical approach to reporting and dealing with bugs.

BTW does anyone know how to spell 'Subdivision'??

It's should be about taking pride in your work and making sure that things are done properly.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast