Thread: RAM Problems

RAM Problems

I had 256mb of ram in my system, i brought 512 about 1/2 a year ago, and its been fine the last week or so it randomly changes, to either 256mb 512mb or 768mb. The ram must be ok as they all work ok just not at the same time, do i have motherboard problems, if so what is the chance of 2 ram slots going wrong at the same time?

Its realy annoying me, everything runs ok once in windows just the amount of ram is wrong

Mayb your motherboard can't handle all the MB Ram.

The motherboard can support that ammount of ram, its been running fine for 1/2 a year.

Originally posted by BEDOFDOLLS
    The motherboard can support that ammount of ram, its been running fine for 1/2 a year.
    What kind of OS do you use? If u use XP it is installed correct.. but if u use an other prog. then maybe it's not working correct because of the instalation.. Maybe there is something broke on the MBoard.. or u got yurself a virus.. Maybe u should re-install your computer and maybe it will work fine

Hi,

if you know what you're doing and are confident enough to, you might want to try pushing your ram down into its sockets. Its possible that it could just be a loose connection,

JW.

Originally posted by JulianW
    Hi,

if you know what you're doing and are confident enough to, you might want to try pushing your ram down into its sockets. Its possible that it could just be a loose connection,

JW.
    You remind me of my own RAM problem..
    @BEDOFDOLLS Try to make the sockets dust free, cause dust isolate.

wHATS THE BEST WAY TO CLEAN THE SOCKETS, VACUUM CLEANER? PAINT BRUSH ? OTHER TO REMOVE THE DUST?

wHATS THE BEST WAY TO CLEAN THE SOCKETS, VACUUM CLEANER? PAINT BRUSH ? OTHER TO REMOVE THE DUST?
    Vacuum cleaner... well atleast it works.. cause i did it too with an vacuum cleaner

Thanks alot - hopefully it will work
    I'll hope too

Hi,

I wouldn't recomend the vacuum cleaner, I've heard that its a popular way of killing PCs with static electricity.

The best thing would be a comercially available can of spray duster, failing that a NATURAL fibre brush - definately *not* nylon.

JW.

Ok thanks for that i decided to out the motherboard and used an airbrush (no ink) to blow all the crap out of the ports, then put it back togther, seems to be ok now, time will tell