Thread: Number of Pages Supported?

Newbie Member

Number of Pages Supported?

I have created a project in the CG that has 204 pages of titles that I was hoping to use in the DSK.

Whenever I open the CG, after a minute or so the CG freezes while the disk access light blinks and you can hear the drive/s churning.

After 20 seconds or so the CG pickup where it left off and for a few seconds everything is ok then the cycle of freeze and return starts over.

If I close the CG the disk cycling stops.

Any ideas on the cause or a fix???

I have a four disk array of drives and they have around 40% free space left.

It is highly recommended not to use the CG Module or Player to display your CG pages. CG Module should be used to create, then when you save the .cg file you get a folder of PNG's for your use. Load your pages into a DDR and you're good to go. There are two tutorials covering this on the Newtek website.

You may have something else going on as well, but sounds like just the CG loading in all that data takes a while. If you need to keep opening the CG project, you may want to consider splitting it up.
    Brad L.

I'll let others confirm or laugh at my suggestion, but I would also recommend NOT using your Video Drive Aray for CG Playback. Do you have large enough system drive or two for CG's/Effects etc?
    Ted R. Ruiz Sr.
    Ad-Venture Video Productions
    Elite NewTek Dealer
    www.editbay.tv
    TriCasters, Most All Models
    Cameras-Mostly HVX 200's