Thread: VIPER and Lens Flares

Question VIPER and Lens Flares

Is VIPER only limited to previewing Surfaces and Volumetric lights? Any way to make it show lens flares?

yeah it should do lense flares but i am not sure how viper works, i think it will render the lense flare when you have it selected and are in its properties, VIPER will render most things as well, like hypervoxels and stuff too! hope it helps

Epita

Lens Flares can be viewed in the camera viewport
    make sure you have enable the OpenGL Lens Flares in the Display Panel

Cool

Yeah, I do have them visible in the camera viewport, but it seems that OPENGL is only providing a half-decent approximation of what the actuall rendered output is. I have tried using VIPER when the LIGHT properties or LENS FLARE properties panel is open, but VIPER does not seem to recognize either one. It seems to only work when Volumetrics, Surfacing, Hypervoxels and some other miscellaneous things are open.

VIPER will not recognize lens flares 'cos they are a post effect. Stick with OpenGL for adjusting you parameters. It's precise enough to determine the sizes/ intensity settings. Of course you will have to do a few test renders - this cannot be avoided.

Mylenium
    [Pour Mylène, ange sur terre]