Thread: What about A.I Implant???

Unhappy What about A.I Implant???

Everybody can remember how we were enthusiastic when A.I Implant (Artificial intelligence, like Massive) had to be realeased as a plugin for Lightwave, but now, we just can find it for Max or Maya. What happened, an other alternative for us?
    If you have any information...

Sorry for my english.

www.khan973.fr.st

Re: What about A.I Implant???

Originally posted by khan_one
    Everybody can remember how we were enthusiastic when A.I Implant (Artificial intelligence, like Massive) had to be realeased as a plugin for Lightwave, but now, we just can find it for Max or Maya. What happened, an other alternative for us?
    If you have any information...

Sorry for my english.

www.khan973.fr.st
    Last I heard about it was there wasn't a large enough market for it to justify further development. There may be thousands of LW seats, but they seem to think that not enough of this user base would purchase such a tool, so it was dropped.
    This isn't my opinion or anything, it's just what I 've heard around.

nick

From what i understood,

Biographic technologies, was unable to handle the port themselves....

They did ask for expressions of interest, from freelancer programmers to do it for them, however i don't believe
    a suitable arrangement was found.

Lightwaves SDK made it hard to port all the functions of Maya's version.

And considering the price of AI implant would of been more than double of what LW itself costs, then yes the sales would maybe not of been as good as they wanted.

Considering the pipeline already used by big studio's between Maya and LW, is already in place, there was not such a need.
    It may be looked at again in the future...