Thread: LW saving "HELP"

LW saving "HELP"

Im a real newbe on LW and i wonder how to save a Picture in JPG format, plz help me

When youve rendered a picture there is a "File" dropdown box at the top of the "rendered image" window.

Goto save RGBA and choose the file type you want.

Rob T

Pretty sure this in the manual, but.... Hit F9 and it's a menu option on the finished render.

im in render options now but i cant choose JPG or any formates that i now anything about =/ and then when i have chooset the format i cant save it anyway .. =/ .... sry 4 my small nollage about this

Manual, page 16.10 and/or 16.16

You MAY have to reinstall some plugins...

Re: LW saving "HELP"

Originally posted by somz
    Im a real newbe on LW and i wonder how to save a Picture in JPG format, plz help me
    Lw is a wonderful software, it have a faboulous tools, and it's very simple in complex work and (strange, but true) complex in simple work.

single image :

1) go to render option, enable image viewer in Render display, hit f9, and when window of image viewer appair, go to file, save render and choose the preferred format.

2) second way (good for big render and for animation),
    - go to render option, and under "output files" click on "rgb files" button
    - decide name and where you want to save the images
    - decide the format of saving by dropdown menu near that button
    - verify that "save rgb" is checked
    - go at top of window and decide if you want to render a sequence, first and last frame are the range of sequence, if you want a single frame write in the requester first fram 1, last frame 1, and press F10 (f10 tell to lightwave render sequence from first to last frame).

then you have your file saved.

sometimes if you not have enoutgh memory, lw cannot open image viewer and you cannot save the render, then is better render with f10, which it before save on disk, then open window to show the image rendered.

if not one format is saved (reload all plugins), try with format without suffix lw_, that format are in the core of lw and not need plugin to work.

if you have a dubs, and some format not work, try to load in image editor a file coded with that format, like jpg, if you can load the plugin is loaded correctly, all image plugin are loader and saver for that format, is an old good thing of lw (from lw 4.0).
    have a nice day.

but my photoshop cannot read this LW.jpeg^^

uhm strange, lw jpg is a compression 100% quality jpg, and i read it with photoshop, photopaint, aura, mirage, aftereffects, painter, paintshop pro and acdsee.
    check if you really save a jpg file or other format with jpg name.