Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Our Apologies - Mac 7.5b Withdrawn

[Mutiple angels voices with high frequency roll-off and a bass response as thunder, at a crisp 48KHz] "Yes...go into the light. It is the brightness of a new Mac PowerBook's polished aluminum case and silver Apple Logo...and it is good. Let the backlit keys of the new Apple 17" PowerBook be your guide...to lead you into the new experience. Computers do not need to bite. Do not invest your worldly talents on the machines of the evil ones...wait. Be thee of good cheer, and have faith. Let the LightWave pass through you. The day of revision 7.5b will come at last. Have faith."

[Gullible newbee] "But...but...they promised me that if I buy a non Mac, I'll experience eternal pee-cee! I was told that Apples byte, and not to eat of the fruit thereof, for it will surely die. I was told this in '85, in '86, and in '87, '88, '89, '90, '91,'92, '93, '94, '95, '96, '97, '98, '99, '00, '01, '02, '03..."

[An 8-bit, mono hissing sound...] "There you go...think PC. The Apple bytes, and as a PeeCee owner, you are as the gods...who only worship on the day of Pentium! This is your Windows...of opportunity. Apple is dead, long live the CISC processor. Worship the image of the cow. Buy the GateWay to eternal night, or, go to Dell with me. Enter in at the Gates. Narrow is the way that leadeth to Infinity Loop, and few there be that find it...but broad is the Gates that leadeth to eternal rendering nights, and many there are that go thereat."
    Last edited by Dorian; 05-03-2003 at 02:45 PM.

Newbie Member
    Back on topic,

Ok, nearely two months have passed.

Now I'm pissed!

What the heck is going on Chuck? isn't two months enough time for a bug fix on a bug fix?

Your guys had better be re compiling the whole kit and kaboodle for Altivec and Q-master for it to take this long.

I have been a Newtek customer since 97 and NT has failed every single time when it comes to a Mac release. Please tell me changes are afoot Chuck!

If there are any major issues with this next release I am done with NT! I am sick and tired of spending time and money waiting for you to get your act together!

I gotta say, you points regarding mac releases are correct, however harsh. No mac only program would be so hindered.

I got that Lighting book for LW. On the CD they say in big letters "Includes the 7.5b discovery edition!". So this has even affected peripheral products related to LW. Poor author proabably didn't know at the time.

Newbie Member
    I'm sorry, but I'm just so damn happy to have ANY version of LW actually work on the Mac I could cry. Running 7.5 on my PBG4. Actually completing tutorials without crashing all the time. I'm in heaven. The durn thing actually works! Let me know when 8.5 is out---'til then I'll jus' bogey...
    Gentlemen! You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!

perhaps the NT developers have run out of Duct Tape and String?

Or maybe, finally NT have run out of suitable hacks to keep LW Mac running.

Perhaps the NT Developers have just.. Run Out altogether,

Which would explain why there's a draft coming from the downloads page at newtek.com...

they were in such a hurry they left the back door open.

-- May 2004 NewTek releases LW 7.5c for the mac and LW 8.0 for the PC. --

I'm loosing my patience here.

Could be worse, its ver 8.0c for the PC and ver 8.0b for the mac. would you pay for that upgrade!?!?

The development team has been working long and hard to get a new maintenance patch ready, and yes, are being very conservative and careful about the matter. We've added a number of additional Mac beta testers, and given what was clearly missed last time around, the test crew, old and new, are being very thorough and active in their testing, and very conservative as well when polled as to how they feel about the readiness of the update.

The developers and the beta testers have always, always been fully dedicated to insuring that only the best possible product goes out to the LightWave community of users, and having missed a step on 7.5b, we certainly, and I hope understandably, want to be absolutely sure that those issues are properly fixed and no new ones introduced.

We are very grateful and appreciative for any and all patience you can exercise, and ask that you please bear with us. We do expect to have the update out very shortly.
    Chuck Baker
    Senior Manager of Communications
    NewTek, Inc., Vizrt Group
    NewTek.com
    LightWave3D.com
    NewTek USA Facebook
    Twitter
    LinkedIn
    Software Developer's Dilemma: The better the new feature, the more feature requests it will generate. - C. Baker
    Please note that any statements regarding future product development are forward looking and subject to change without notice.

Thanks for the update Chuck!

We appreciate the reassurances Chuck. I have to reinstall LW on a new Mac, and don't want to do so until I can put the new update and all my plug-ins at one time. Would it be too much to ask if "sometime before June 1st" would be an accurate guess as to the date of this (b) release? Any news would be good news. Thanks.

We're working on getting it out just as quickly as we can, but I'd rather not attempt to estimate how close that is.

Any attempt at guessing pretty much has been guaranteed to get us bit!
    Chuck Baker
    Senior Manager of Communications
    NewTek, Inc., Vizrt Group
    NewTek.com
    LightWave3D.com
    NewTek USA Facebook
    Twitter
    LinkedIn
    Software Developer's Dilemma: The better the new feature, the more feature requests it will generate. - C. Baker
    Please note that any statements regarding future product development are forward looking and subject to change without notice.

News is encouraging Charles, Thank You.

I heard rumors about a 7.5c version. What about a mac version of that? Or are we mac user stuck with 7.5b when windows user can take advantage of new cool features in 7.5c?

Newbie Member
    Yet another week...

so do we just get skipped on the 7.5b ?

even though NT attempted to deliver 7.5b , they did not. Mac users are getting seccond class treatment again.

Chuck, 10.2.6 is out and 10.3 is due within a few months. Are these releases in your plans, or do we have to wait til' 2004 for NT's Mac department to catch up with Panther?

are any of your staff going to WWDC?

you can atleast tell us that

It would be comforting to know that there would be a bit of LW mac representation @ WWDC
    ::::::::::::::::::::::
    D I G I T A L U K A
    ::::::::::::::::::::::

Think it's time for another incouraging update comment from chuck.

Boulster the morale of the Mac users.

Maybe even a thankyou for your patience extra something included when 7.5c arrives?

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast