Thread: donut tutorial

donut tutorial

One thing I miss is people doing Lightwave tutorials that abuse the cow model. It seemed like half the lightwave tutorials in ver 5 - 7 used the cow model in some way as part of the example. It also seemed like people would slip the cow model into renders they did with Lightwave. Kind of a sort of inside joke. I've started to notice the donut with pink frosting and sprinkles in renders and animations. A lot of people have the donut on their page of demo renders. Seems like that is one of the first tutorials any one interested in blender does and it has become an inside joke / trade mark sort of thing. Kinda like the large number of people using Max who applied the dance animation to the baby model that came with Max. Kinda funny that a donut has become a kind of mascot to Blender. I guess Lighjtwave having a cow as a kind of mascot is also a bit funny. Now creepy the clown was a fun mascot, but that was more of a usenet thing then any one software

I never knew that. But I love inside jokes, so we'll see.

Used to work with a crew where if anyone brought in a dozen or so donuts, we'd always make sure we had a "sacrificial" Pink one. Our gaffer hated Pink donuts so would always do a slam dunk with them. Most times into a trash can; sometimes a wall. "T'aint a natural color for a donut". Got the day off to a good start though.

Even got one in a wish list, just in case.

https://www.renderosity.com/rr/mod/b...Product=101449
    Earth can't be flat otherwise cats would have pushed everything off the edge!

The Big Apexx System:
    AMD RYZEN THREADRIPPER 2990WX Processor (3.00GHz)
    64GB
    2x NVIDIA Quadro RTX 4000 8GB 32 Core

At Maxis, a picture of a 35mm film canister attached to an email meant is was "break time"...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	istockphoto-511608434-170667a.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	15.2 KB 
ID:	149134
    shrox www.shrox.com
    -----------------------
    Heavy Metal Landing

-----------------------
    I build the best spaceships, the biggest spaceships, they're great, you'll love them.

Quote Originally Posted by shrox View Post
    At Maxis, a picture of a 35mm film canister attached to an email meant is was "break time"...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	istockphoto-511608434-170667a.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	15.2 KB 
ID:	149134
    I'm interested to see how many get this one.
    John W.
    LW2015.3UB/2019.1.5 on MacPro(12C/24T/10.13.6),64GB RAM, NV 980ti

Still...Absolute Amateur scallahan1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jwiede View Post
    I'm interested to see how many get this one.
    I "think" I get it since I took a photography class back in junior high school a LONG, LONG time ago. I remember putting stuff in a bag and preparing it before developing. Pretty sure we were using B/W film. Amazing how you remember strange stuff like that. We did the pinhole camera project (cool) and then eventually moved into the instamatic and that's where the bag thing came in. Can't wait till one of the pros explains if properly to see if I'm right.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by scallahan1 View Post
    I "think" I get it since I took a photography class back in junior high school a LONG, LONG time ago. I remember putting stuff in a bag and preparing it before developing. Pretty sure we were using B/W film. Amazing how you remember strange stuff like that. We did the pinhole camera project (cool) and then eventually moved into the instamatic and that's where the bag thing came in. Can't wait till one of the pros explains if properly to see if I'm right.

Steve
    It was used to store herbal fun. Attaching a picture of it to an email meant herbal fun was about to commence in the parking garage.
    shrox www.shrox.com
    -----------------------
    Heavy Metal Landing

-----------------------
    I build the best spaceships, the biggest spaceships, they're great, you'll love them.

Still...Absolute Amateur scallahan1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by shrox View Post
    It was used to store herbal fun. Attaching a picture of it to an email meant herbal fun was about to commence in the parking garage.
    LOL! I'm too much of a nerd to figure that one out. Classic.

Steve

Eagle in a barrel. Just sayin'

Wow, I had forgotten about the Eagle in a barrel.

I don't know why, but that donut story reminds me when I used to work at a drug store, and one of the first nights there after we closed the store, the night manager (a cool, laid back guy) bought a couple of six packs of beer (at a discount) and invited us out to the side parking lot to have a couple beers. He surprised me because after he finished drinking his beer, he threw it on the roof of the building and you could hear it hitting other glass bottles. I could only imagine how long this had been going on. LOL.