Thread: Bryphi - Post Processing in 2015

Bryphi - Post Processing in 2015

Nice!

LW vidz   DPont donate   LW Facebook   IKBooster   My vidz

Still...Absolute Amateur scallahan1's Avatar
    That's pretty cool. I'd love to see that with a voice over discussing the why and how of it. I'm gonna try and remember what he did when he did the SceneFx tab thing with the volume on the null. That was interesting. Never done that before. Heck, I haven't done a LOT of things before LOL.

Steve

I'd like to know the best/easiest way to get that cool detail on the geometry. Is it one of those greeble scripts? Which method is best? I've tried doing it with instances a bit but my results aren't that great. I usually default to a displacement map but it doesn't go well on say, a cube. The whole axis of displacement thing. I tried adding it that way with the same map (using the layers texturing system) on all 3 axis but it never looks that great. Is there a much better way?

I know the new way using a null/primitive/shape and then using "object uv" to get the same displacement map working properly on all sides of a cube but it's WAYYYY to slow to render.

Steve

Greeble is an alternative, yes.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Af5kO9p_3uk

Quote Originally Posted by erikals View Post
    Greeble is an alternative, yes.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Af5kO9p_3uk
    Thanks Erik,

I now remember fiddling with that years ago. Wasn't sure if it still worked. Just downloaded. May play later.

Yesterday, I hacked together (displacement maps) something similar to Bryphi but quite butchered (think a surgeon using an axe and chisel instead of a scalpel). It's horrible but at least I was using LW and enjoying it. I didn't pay enough attention to his hypervoxel/null/volume thingy so I couldn't make it work properly so I defaulted to linear fog instead. Good enough for me.

My silly final image: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	trenchVOL.png 
Views:	35 
Size:	1.94 MB 
ID:	149143

Steve

PS> Always enjoy your short info videos.

Good stuff.

PS> Always enjoy your short info videos.
    thy are welcome!

I believe the model used in the original post is from the demo scene files you can download for Octane.