Thread: two questions: Rename bones and move item slower

two questions: Rename bones and move item slower

I'm sure these items have been answered somewhere in the forums, but my search criteria is not returning any results.
    The first question is, how do I rename bones? I'm not seeing an option for that and it would be easier (for me) to find them by name in scene editor

Next one is, how can i select an item and move it in smaller increments for better precision? When I select something and move it with mouse, it
    goes really fast and really far so I just want to have a bit more precision when doing that

To rename nearly anything, simply select & hit Alt-N. Or at least that's what I've assigned. Hit Alt-F9 will bring up the key assignments.

For the Move issue, being in one of the Ortho views will give more control. You might try adjusting the Grid Square size, Preferences - Display, or use the [ ] brackets. There's always the sliders in the bottom left corner.

One slick feature of LW is that you can mix units in the value boxes. So you can have something like 10'2.4407" and enter + 2cm, and it will update accordingly to 10'3.2281".
    Earth can't be flat otherwise cats would have pushed everything off the edge!

The Big Apexx System:
    AMD RYZEN THREADRIPPER 2990WX Processor (3.00GHz)
    64GB
    2x NVIDIA Quadro RTX 4000 8GB 32 Core

Thanks Ma3rk
    I got the rename bones working now, but not the slow move option yet. I remember seeing a video on youtube where the poster said if you want to move an item slightly you press a certain key and it moves things in smaller increments. Can't find the video any more by search because it was related to another process which i can't remember, lol

I couldn't find that in the Wiki either.
    Earth can't be flat otherwise cats would have pushed everything off the edge!

The Big Apexx System:
    AMD RYZEN THREADRIPPER 2990WX Processor (3.00GHz)
    64GB
    2x NVIDIA Quadro RTX 4000 8GB 32 Core

LightWave Fan Boi
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wilcoman View Post
    Thanks Ma3rk
    I got the rename bones working now, but not the slow move option yet.
    For your consideration....

Thanks Shabazzy
    I think Ma3rk mentioned that also. I have a ton of William Vaughan videos, so it looks like I need to access those more often.
    Thanks you guys for the direction.