Thread: Scan Converter Missing??

Scan Converter Missing??

Hi,

I've just downloaded NDI Tools for Windows to have a play with. I can't see Scan Converter.

I've tried full installs on two computers, both from separate downloads, but I get the same list of programmes on both - neither has SC.

What am I doing wrong? Is it a separate download? Do I need to be connected to a network? Or an external monitor?

I have the same experience. On some PC is not Scan Converter (probably incompatble GPU). Moreover, PC where scan converter is installed is not sending the picture to TC mini. NDI Source is visible but no picture...
    Last edited by Michal Kyjonka; 11-25-2020 at 09:29 AM.

If this is being installed on Windows 7, you will not have Scan Converter installed since it is incompatible with Windows 7.

If you see a tool called "Screen Capture" run that instead, is it exactly the same software as Scan Converter.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by kanep View Post
    If this is being installed on Windows 7, you will not have Scan Converter installed since it is incompatible with Windows 7.

If you see a tool called "Screen Capture" run that instead, is it exactly the same software as Scan Converter.
    Both are Windows 10. The one I'm on now is Version 1909 (it won't let me update to 2004 yet) Build 18363.1198 - think the other is the same. This one is i7 with 16GB RAM with GeForce MX250 graphics.

I do have Screen Capture, so I'll have a play with that.

Thanks.
    Last edited by folkieboater; 11-27-2020 at 08:27 AM.

What do you do if you're on Windows 10 and don't have Scan Converter OR Screen Capture?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	screenshot.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	57.2 KB 
ID:	149127

UPDATE: Nevermind, I normally don't have to touch any settings when I run the installer and it keeps my previous options. I just noticed when I re-ran the installer that the "Screen Capture" was de-selected.