Thread: Weirdest thing I've ever seen...

Weirdest thing I've ever seen...

So, last night I opened LW Modeler to do some work and found to my surprise all of the options for all of the functions had turned to dollar numbers!
    Not on the top menu but everything on the side menus were no longer word names but $385, $4680, $576, $3298, etc.
    I always have a backup of safety configs saved to a folder but changing them out did nothing.
    Layout was the same as well. Never run into anything like it before.
    Saved my plugins but could not save the menu sets or the keyboard shortcuts because after finding the edit function that menu was completely filled with numbers too.
    Ended up reinstalling the program and now am resetting everything.

Wondering if anyone has ever heard of such a thing?
    I have no idea what could have happened.

BradC

What version of Lightwave, what OS version?
    Mac Pro (2010) OSX 10.14 RX580 Pulse LW2020
    (plugins: LWCad 2020, TFD 1443, Syflex 2018, StarPro(2.3) 2020, ExrTrader 2020, Ubercam 2.0, Daz Mocap, DP Light 2020, Quadpanels 1.53)

Wild speculation, but what maybe happened was that it showed string IDs, the IDs used to lookup localized versions of UI strings. For whatever reason it maybe failed to access the string resources and ended up displaying the unresolved IDs, or something else flipped out to make it do so.

Maybe they were different upgrade deals for LW2021...

Quote Originally Posted by Myagi View Post
    Wild speculation, but what maybe happened was that it showed string IDs, the IDs used to lookup localized versions of UI strings. For whatever reason it maybe failed to access the string resources and ended up displaying the unresolved IDs, or something else flipped out to make it do so.
    Agreed, seems the likely answer. Something was blocking localization lookup (likely config corruption), so it showed you the raw IDs.

Before reinstalling, try clearing and regenerating new configs, that often resolves many LW "random corruption" issues.
    John W.
    LW2015.3UB/2019.1.5 on MacPro(12C/24T/10.13.6),64GB RAM, NV 980ti

Thank you for the suggestions.
    I forgot to say it's LW 2020 on Win Sys 10.

I ended up reinstalling the program.
    I did try clearing the old configs as I mentioned but did not try letting LW generate new ones.
    I gave up after the saved safety configs did nothing.
    It's back up and running again but I will keep in mind what you said about generating new configs.

Thanks again!
    BradC

My LW became absolutely borked on Windows 10 all of a sudden, because Win 10 decided on its own to change all the default language settings. Yet another thing I needed to actively stop it from doing.
    - Ignorance is bliss...

Ryzen 9 3950x - Sapphire Pulse 5700 XT - 64 GB Trident Z DDR4 CL14 3200Mhz